Question PC was turned off overnight - doesn't post in the morning?

May 28, 2024
No POST, no nothing. My first thought was that there was a power outage and that the PSU died, i went and bought a new one. But still, no post. Tried changing sticks around, hooking up my GPU, remounting the CPU, clearing the CMOS. Nothing. How can i be 100% sure that it is a mobo? Thanks in advance.

My old PSU was an FSP 600W, the new one is an MSI MAG 550W. My HDD is a 1TB Toshiba Drive, and my SSD is some noname SATA SSD.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include both PSUs: make, model, wattage.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Confirm that the wall outlet serving the PC has power. Likewise for any other devices in line to the PC (e.g., UP, surge protectors, power strips, etc..

May 28, 2024
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include both PSUs: make, model, wattage.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Confirm that the wall outlet serving the PC has power. Likewise for any other devices in line to the PC (e.g., UP, surge protectors, power strips, etc..
Sorry for not including those in my original post. Yes, there is power to the wall outlet.

May 28, 2024
Motherboard?

GPU?

And the PC is plugged directly into the wall outlet - correct?

When you swapped PSUs did you use only the cables that came with the new PSU?
My MOBO is an ASRock A320 DVS R 4.0.

My GPU is an RX 580.

Yes, it is plugged directly into the wall outlet.

The PSUs are both non-modular.

Ralston18

Titan
At this point if there are absolutely no signs of power (beep codes, LEDs, etc.) to the motherboard or installed components then it appears that the motherboard has failed in some manner.

Use a bright flashlight to carefully inspect the mother and all components for signs of damage.

Try one more reassembly following the User Manual and doublechecking everything.

Inspect for signs of damage.

If nothing found and the system still fails to boot then you may need to RMA the motherboard.

May 28, 2024
I can't RMA it. I bought it back in 2019.

I diagnosed the PC, the mobo and the CPU are fried. Probably from the lack of UPS. Thank you all for the help.

Latest posts