[SOLVED] PC weird crashing

Jan 6, 2019
Ok so I have an absolute head scratcher of a problem I'm trying to figure out. The issue is that my games crash randomly. I tried everything from reinstalling windows to updating drivers but I will still get random crashes in my games. I've gone to a buddy of mines to to help try and diagnosis and solve my problem but when I do my PC all the sudden won't crash at all. I don't think it's temps cause my gpu never goes over the low 70's and can't be my CPU cause I don't overclock and it never cracks 50% if I don't overclock. My specs are ryzen 5 1600, ASRock ab350 gaming-itx/ac,16gbs ram,cx 650 psu, msi gaming x rx580 8gb and nzxt h700 case. Idk Im relatively new to PC built my system a year ago and it hasn't been a smooth transition so far just nothing but issues and crashes...just want to figure out why I can't enjoy my games at home but at a friend's house I can

Solution
You have the latest bios on the motherboard? I would start with updating this if not. Latest is very recent, "5.30 from 2018/12/24".

Make sure to read this first,

Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

* If you updated the BIOS before updating the AMD all in one driver, please refer to the Display recovery SOP to recover your system.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You have the latest bios on the motherboard? I would start with updating this if not. Latest is very recent, "5.30 from 2018/12/24".

Make sure to read this first,

Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

* If you updated the BIOS before updating the AMD all in one driver, please refer to the Display recovery SOP to recover your system.

Solution
Jan 6, 2019
So I went and downloaded that bios you had mentioned and figured I'd do a fresh driver install also so after I finally finished I tested a few games to test their stability and they were fine no crashes and these were my more problematic games too but I think I back stable again but I'm gonna give it a couple days just to be sure but thank you very much! I felt so dumb for overlooking a bios update cause when I took it to my friends house I was on my motherboards website and it didn't even cross my mind lol but thanks again I'll report back if I'm still having problems

Jan 6, 2019
I won't hesitate if I do. I'm using g skill ram https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW this kit in particular though it's not officially supported for my motherboard I was able to get it running at it's rated speed thru bios updates last year but yeah getting it working/running full speed did help a few things like stabilizing my overclock and better performance in games slightly, tad bit faster boot up and etc