Question PC went dead, Power supply working fine

Sandeep Datar

Honorable
Feb 17, 2015
Hi All,

I recently moved houses and when I tried to start the PC in the new house it was stone cold.
It has been working great for the last year and half before the move

Here are the few things i tried.
Made sure all the connections are fine
Made sure the switch and reset connection from case to the motherboard is tight.
Tried removing the graphic card. Nothing worked
I tried the paper clip test to see if the power supply is working and that was positive.
So, I tried shorting the power switch pins on the motherboard using a screwdriver, but no sign of life.

MSI MPG x570 mother board
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Nvidia RTX2070 GPU
Corsair CX750M power supply
G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB x 4 memory
Gamemax CPU cooler
Sabrent 1 TB M2 SSD
Thermaltake mid tower pc case

What should I try next?
Thanks in advance
sandeep

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What is it with people moving, and their PCs not waking up? I see a number of threads like this, and think about what could've happened...
Besides the usual, such as: double check all connections, and make sure you don't have a stray motherboard standoff poking the back of the board...
You killed a part with ESD during the move. I'm not sure what else could cause it.

Motherboard's probably fried.

Sandeep Datar

Honorable
Feb 17, 2015
What is it with people moving, and their PCs not waking up? I see a number of threads like this, and think about what could've happened...
Besides the usual, such as: double check all connections, and make sure you don't have a stray motherboard standoff poking the back of the board...
You killed a part with ESD during the move. I'm not sure what else could cause it.

Motherboard's probably fried.
What do you mean "killed a part with ESD" ? Pardon my ignorance :)