Question PC went pop and won't start

Dec 30, 2021
Hi have just built a new PC and it has been working will but today while listening to Spotify it made loud pop noise and now it won't restart. The inside of the case doesn't smell.
Could someone please help?

Dec 30, 2021
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor | $358.77 @ JW Computers
Motherboard | MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard | $148.77 @ JW Computers
Memory | Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $79.00 @ PC Byte
Storage | Crucial P2 1tb M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $49.00 @ Amazon Australia
Case | Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case | $49.00 @ PLE Computers
Power Supply | Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | $95.00 @ Scorptec
Case Fan | Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP 87.6 CFM 120 mm Fan | $19.00 @ PCCaseGear
Case Fan | Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP 87.6 CFM 120 mm Fan | $19.00 @ PCCaseGear
BeQuiet Shadow Rock 3

Dec 30, 2021
I notice there is a deleted post with some different components. Were these previous parts? Or is this a new build from scratch? We should be guessing about the source of your problem, not having to guess about the basic facts in your situation!
Sorry no I copied the wrong component list I added the be quiet shadow rock 3 because the CPU fan was too noisy when PC was working harder.

Although Corsair CXM is a decent quality unit not know for its failure rate, there can always be exceptions or pure bad luck. At this juncture you will need a spare PSU to test with. Since you have built this rig from scratch as we know it from your previous thread, it would be better for you to acquire a spare unit or take it to a store for testing. All your parts are under warranty, so it should not be an issue replacing any.

Reactions: RodroX
Doesn't really have a smell if anything like a machine

I see, it does not change the fact that a new PSU (or test unit you can borrow) is a place to start.

The pop-sound you heard, came from the PC itself or was from the speakers/headphone?

What about the power outlet from the wall, Does it look ok ?

Please be very carefull when inspecting all this things, secutiry first!!! If you don't feel confortable doing this stuff, better to call a technician to take care of the issue.

Dec 30, 2021
I see, it does not change the fact that a new PSU (or test unit you can borrow) is a place to start.

The pop-sound you heard, came from the PC itself or was from the speakers/headphone?

What about the power outlet from the wall, Does it look ok ?

Please be very carefull when inspecting all this things, secutiry first!!! If you don't feel confortable doing this stuff, better to call a technician to take care of the issue.
My son was using the computer and he had headphones on so not sure where the noise came from.
It is only a few days old should I put in for warranty?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
By wiring up the green and a black connector,

▶ Manually Test a (PSU) Power Supply With a Multimeter by Britec - YouTube

In the ATX specs here can you see where the green and black are if the cables area all black,

ATX -specs/ Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EByjw8V.png

When inserting the Paperclip, use the PS_ON+any COM, use the retaining clip for which side and what nr from the top the PS_ON is.