[SOLVED] PC WiFi Speeds

coneil3822

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
Hello my WiFi Speed is 200 Mbps. When I do the speed test on my phone I get 200Mbps Download and 20Mbps Upload. When I do this on my pc which is right next to my phone I get 10-40 Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload. It will also cut out and most of the time i can't even load a webpage this also is causing me to lag in most games. Ive tried everything and im 100 percent sure it is not my WiFi thats the problem. Any help would be really appreciated. I believe they are both running at 5ghz.

Solution
try 2.4ghz on the computer.
it has less bandwidth, but much more range.

also, a internal wifi card, perferablly a 2x2 card would be much better than the usb stick thats probably coming out of your pc.

coneil3822

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
try 2.4ghz on the computer.
it has less bandwidth, but much more range.

also, a internal wifi card, perferablly a 2x2 card would be much better than the usb stick thats probably coming out of your pc.
I will try 2.4ghz. Do you know how I would switch that? Im using the WiFI that came built into the motherboard.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello my WiFi Speed is 200 Mbps. When I do the speed test on my phone I get 200Mbps Download and 20Mbps Upload. When I do this on my pc which is right next to my phone I get 10-40 Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload. It will also cut out and most of the time i can't even load a webpage this also is causing me to lag in most games. Ive tried everything and im 100 percent sure it is not my WiFi thats the problem. Any help would be really appreciated. I believe they are both running at 5ghz.
Your PC may be "right next to" your phone, but where are the antennas? Buried on the back of the PC? Embedded in a "nano" USB adapter? You haven't provided enough info to help you.
Let's start with:
What router do you have?
What WIFI adapter does your PC have?