Question Pc will boot up and after 5 minutes or so the screen just goes black

anarkie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Hi there I just built a new Gaming pc it's been working fine for a week but then we had a power dip then it started going off after 5 minutes my OS gave me problems so I reinstalled also I noticed after reinstalling my OS when the pc has to reboot to finish up the installation it would just go straight to a black screen I took the ram out wiped it down and did the same thing with the gpu and still the same thing my Pc has integrated graphics and it does the exact same thing I have a feeling it's the power supply but I don't have a spare one to test it out thanks again

Pc specs
Cpu: 7900x ryzen
Motherboard: Asus X670e -A rog
Gpu: msi suprim x 3090 updated
Ram trident ddr5 6000mhz
Psu asus rog strix 1000w
M.2 WD sn750

Lutfij

Titan
Where did you source the installer for your OS(es)?

Is this the motherboard you're working with? Can you check and see which BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

we had a power dip
Have you tried sourcing(borrowing, not buying) another PSU, but of a higher wattage? Perhaps even a similar wattage unit?

Reactions: anarkie

anarkie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
We c
Where did you source the installer for your OS(es)?

Is this the motherboard you're working with? Can you check and see which BIOS version you're on at this moment of time?

we had a power dip
Have you tried sourcing(borrowing, not buying) another PSU, but of a higher wattage? Perhaps even a similar wattage unit?
we currently have no power

anarkie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Yes that's my motherboard unfortunately No one in my town has a psu like that I will see if I can source a 750w also I will post the bios version as soon as we get power back

anarkie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Gpu: msi suprim x 3090 updated
unfortunately No one in my town has a psu like that I will see if I can source a 750w

You might want to stop while you're here. You shouldn't run that GPU with a PSU that low(again, due to transient power spikes)...unless you want to ruin the GPU, as an excuse to get an RTX4090.
I've pulled my gpu out but a 1000w psu should be more than enough no? My friend has a 1060 so I will try that out but I think it will be the same as the integrated graphics gave me the same issue once we have power back I will post the bios version

anarkie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Meaning you didn't reinstall your OS on this new platform? I was asking where you sourced the installer for your OS, meaning how did you create your bootable USB installer?
I used the Microsoft media tool then for 11 a friend of mine has an ISO of windows 11 I haven't activated it

TRENDING THREADS