Question PC will freeze when idle, can move mouse but can't click anything.

Sep 13, 2021
This issue has been going on for a while, it didn't really bother me all that much since it would happen if i left my computer alone for a long time and all I would do is restart the computer and it would be fine.

However, now it is happening within 10 or so minutes of my pc turning on.

I believe it is software related, or one of my storage drives are freezing up causing the pc to freeze with it.

When the PC freezes, I can still move my mouse around, however i cant click on anything, and all my programs freeze too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll provide any information that you need.

Thank you,

popatim

Titan
Please begin with letting us know the components of your PC with the make and model if possible. (Cpu, motherboard, ram, psu, Gpu...) and which OS you are running on it.
Also please install CrystalDiskInfo and run it and link us to a screenshot of the SMART result screen please. You need to host the image on a sharing site such as imgur and then paste a link to it in a reply on this thread.

Sep 13, 2021
Here are all my components:

Custom built, I did the building myself.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 3X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB), PC4-25600 (3200MHz) DDR4, 16-18-18-36, 1.35v, Dual Channel Kit, Black
MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX MB, B450, 4x DDR4, 2x PCIE3.0 x16, 6x SATA3, Turbo M.2, 6x USB 3.2, 2x USB 3.1, DVI-D, HDMI, ATX, Mystic Light
PSU: EVGA 650W SuperNOVA G+ Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS GOLD, 135mm Fan, 4 x PCI-E, 9x SATA, 6x Molex, 1x Floppy

I'm running Windows 10

CrystalDiskInfo: View: https://imgur.com/a/HYu1iyW