Question PC will no longer boot

Jun 30, 2020
I've got a homebuilt PC that has been working great for a year and a half. The motherboard is the Asus Rog B350F. The power supply is powering peripherals and fan. I thought it potentially could be the switch and manually tried to power it on with jumpers but no luck. Anyone have any ideas what else I should look at?

Ferimer

Distinguished
I've got a homebuilt PC that has been working great for a year and a half. The motherboard is the Asus Rog B350F. The power supply is powering peripherals and fan. I thought it potentially could be the switch and manually tried to power it on with jumpers but no luck. Anyone have any ideas what else I should look at?
A list of all specs of your build would be much appreciated please...

Jun 30, 2020
SO when you did the Jumper test it did not power anything at all?
Correct it did not power on the computer. There motherboard does have its normal lights and accessories are getting power.

I should mention I have tried removing the CMOS battery for half an hour and then placed it back. I have also removed the memory sticks. Nothing has worked.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Correct it did not power on the computer. There motherboard does have its normal lights and accessories are getting power.

I should mention I have tried removing the CMOS battery for half an hour and then placed it back. I have also removed the memory sticks. Nothing has worked.
Removing CMOS just resets the BIOS settings and version if you changed anything. Have you tried a different PSU? It sounds like the PSU is Caput. meaning that its not sending enough power. Was it plugged into a surge protector? or the wall? if its plugged into a surge protector currently try plugging it in directly to the wall

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jun 30, 2020
FYI I'm retired from 28 years working in IT and the strangest thing just happened.

I was planning on swapping out the PS from a duplicate build. I went to the bathroom and came back and somehow the computer had powered itself on. Mind you nothing changed. All I had to do was go back into the bios and set everything up as I had removed the CMOS battery.

I've been successfully angle to restart the PC with the button on the case.

I've never seen anything like this. Have you?

Ferimer

Distinguished
FYI I'm retired from 28 years working in IT and the strangest thing just happened.

I was planning on swapping out the PS from a duplicate build. I went to the bathroom and came back and somehow the computer had powered itself on. Mind you nothing changed. All I had to do was go back into the bios and set everything up as I had removed the CMOS battery.

I've been successfully angle to restart the PC with the button on the case.

I've never seen anything like this. Have you?
Did you do any adjusting to the bios or tried any overclocking prior to the issue?

Jun 30, 2020
My guess is that when you reset the CMOS it adjusted your settings accordingly. I would order a new PSU just in case and swap it out. if it happens again that is.
I would agree with that but it wouldn't power on after the CMOS was reset. It powered on by itself 30 minutes later. That is what is so strange.

TRENDING THREADS