[SOLVED] PC will no longer POST ?

Jan 31, 2021
Hi all,

Im having a lot of trouble with the newest machine I've built. Here are the specifications:

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Rog Strix B450-f
Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr4-3200
MSI Ventus 2x RTX 3060 TI
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500gb
EVGA Supernova 650 BT 80+ G

So, last night I built it on a motherboard rather than the case because I needed to flash the bios of the PC so I could put my R5 5600x in it. I built it and got it working, so I set up windows and turned off the pc to get into bios, and it just stopped display image at all, no matter if I changed GPU or anything. I worked on it for 7+ hours and could not fix it.

I then put the flashdrive with the bios in it just to see if it did something and obviously nothing happened.

My motherboard has LEDs to help solve problems, but they are pretty useless, as they switch from orange to red to white, then stay white.

Here are things I tried

Reseated the RAM
Swapped GPU'S
Rebuilt it twice
Checked all the connections 5 times
Leaving it off and removing all connections

I'm really stumped here and this is really my last hope.

Solution
I can still return the motherboard, it was open box, should I return it and just get a b550 board that has ryzen 5000 ready. I really don't want to put anymore effort into it. Would you say this is smart?
Up to you. I would still inspect the current build for any possible short conditions. Something as small as an extra standoff or one of those little fingers protruding into a USB port can cause such issues.

If you have physically damaged the current motherboard, you may not be able to return it.

dirk98

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
Whats the best way of doing it?
It's pretty easy not much you can do wrong. Just turn your system off and take the cmos battery out. (Circular metal Piece). Should be right between the top and middle pcie slot on your board. Leave the motherboard be for about a minute or so and put the battery backin.

Jan 31, 2021
It's pretty easy not much you can do wrong. Just turn your system off and take the cmos battery out. (Circular metal Piece). Should be right between the top and middle pcie slot on your board. Leave the motherboard be for about a minute or so and put the battery backin.
I did so and replaced the battery with another one of the exact type, it turned on but still no display. This time on my leds on motherboard they cycled twice, orange (ram) red (cpu) white (vga) x2 and now its stuck at white led.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would recommend double-checking for any extra stand-offs (mounts) between the motherboard and case. I would also suggest examining the ports that stick through the ATX plate (a.k.a. I/O panel. You are looking for anything that could short the system.

Jan 31, 2021
I would recommend double-checking for any extra stand-offs (mounts) between the motherboard and case. I would also suggest examining the ports that stick through the ATX plate (a.k.a. I/O panel. You are looking for anything that could short the system.
I can still return the motherboard, it was open box, should I return it and just get a b550 board that has ryzen 5000 ready. I really don't want to put anymore effort into it. Would you say this is smart?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Up to you. I would still inspect the current build for any possible short conditions. Something as small as an extra standoff or one of those little fingers protruding into a USB port can cause such issues.

If you have physically damaged the current motherboard, you may not be able to return it.

Solution