Question PC will not boot and EZ Debug goes from DRAM to CPU ?

Apr 28, 2022
Hi all.
I recently got my hands on a new pair of PSU extension cables and a hard drive for my PC and everything was working fine beforehand. However, once I plugged everything in, the PC will turn on but the DRAM EZ Debug LED flashes and then the CPU LED stays solid. No display is being outputted either and I can't get into bios or anything.

Some help would be brilliant. I only plugged in the extension cables for motherboard 24-pin and GPU 8-pin so I don't know if I need to plug in for my cpu too.

I have never touched the CPU since it was installed in 2020.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi all.
I recently got my hands on a new pair of PSU extension cables and a hard drive for my PC and everything was working fine beforehand. However, once I plugged everything in, the PC will turn on but the DRAM EZ Debug LED flashes and then the CPU LED stays solid. No display is being outputted either and I can't get into bios or anything.

Some help would be brilliant. I only plugged in the extension cables for motherboard 24-pin and GPU 8-pin so I don't know if I need to plug in for my cpu too.

I have never touched the CPU since it was installed in 2020.
To clarify you DO have the CPU 4/8 Pin power connector plugged in correct?

Apr 28, 2022
To clarify you DO have the CPU 4/8 Pin power connector plugged in correct?
Yes I never touched it at all. It has not been touched or unplugged since I put it in when I built my pc. Was working fine before I added my new stuff in the PC. I have only added the 24pin and the 8pin for the wires and not the CPU power cables. I don't know if I need the add the extension for the CPU too.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Yes I never touched it at all. It has not been touched or unplugged since I put it in when I built my pc. Was working fine before I added my new stuff in the PC. I have only added the 24pin and the 8pin for the wires and not the CPU power cables. I don't know if I need the add the extension for the CPU too.
The extension for the CPU cables wouldn't be necessary because you claim it fits. As long as it fits and has room, you're good. Also to clarify, the only thing you changed from the old and new system is the extension cables? Do you also put the system in a case? Was it booting in the case? Did you have it out of the case? Can you also post all your specs

Apr 28, 2022
The extension for the CPU cables wouldn't be necessary because you claim it fits. As long as it fits and has room, you're good. Also to clarify, the only thing you changed from the old and new system is the extension cables? Do you also put the system in a case? Was it booting in the case? Did you have it out of the case? Can you also post all your specs
Just to clarify, I've had my current system for ages with no problems since 2020. I purchased a new hard drive and some PSU extension cables for my PC and plugged it all in. I only plugged in the extension for the Motherboard and GPU cables and not the CPU, as that has only the cable from the powersupply directly because it is difficult to access. The harddrive makes noises indicating it's working and the case fans and RGB all light up when in the case and I press the power button, which means it does turn on, however the DRAM EZ debug led quickly flashes and then the CPU led turns on and stays solid and then there is no display output and the keyboard and mouse have no power as they don't light up either. I cannot turn the system off by the power button either. There was no problems with the computer before I added these in and I didn't touch anything else just hoovered and cleaned the case a little bit because it was dusty.
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600 Overclocked in the bios
MSI rtx 2060 Overclocked via windows
Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ram
Msi b550 gaming edge WiFi
Case is Corsair 220t airflow
Corsair gold 750 watt psu

Last edited:

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Just to clarify, I've had my current system for ages with no problems since 2020. I purchased a new hard drive and some PSU extension cables for my PC and plugged it all in. I only plugged in the extension for the Motherboard and GPU cables and not the CPU, as that has only the cable from the powersupply directly because it is diffThe harddrive makes noises indicating it's working and the case fans and RGB all light up when in the case and I press the power button, which means it does turn on, however the DRAM EZ debug led quickly flashes and then the CPU led turns on and stays solid and then there is no display output and the keyboard and mouse have no power as they don't light up either.
Thank you for clarifying. Here are three possible solutions: Try testing you RAMs. If it boots but doesn't "turn on" that could indicate a faulty ram stick. Somewhere during reinstallation maybe some static hit it. Try a boot without the Hard Drive plugged in. I recently had a case where for some reason my clients Drive caused the system to boot loop so we had to forego that, however that wouldn't explain the CPU led. Reseat the CPU but before you put it back, if you have an intel CPU, check to see if any pins are bent on the motherboard.

Apr 28, 2022
Thank you for clarifying. Here are three possible solutions: Try testing you RAMs. If it boots but doesn't "turn on" that could indicate a faulty ram stick. Somewhere during reinstallation maybe some static hit it. Try a boot without the Hard Drive plugged in. I recently had a case where for some reason my clients Drive caused the system to boot loop so we had to forego that, however that wouldn't explain the CPU led. Reseat the CPU but before you put it back, if you have an intel CPU, check to see if any pins are bent on the motherboard.
Okay thanks I will try. Should reseating CPU be a last resort because will be a pain to redo it all and put thermal paste back on the CPU and clean it etc.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Okay thanks I will try. Should reseating CPU be a last resort because will be a pain to redo it all and put thermal paste back on the CPU and clean it etc.
Yes, absolute last resort. I would recommend just taking the system out of the case and running it on the bare minimum it needs to boot if you do that. Slowly add things till you find your point of failure. If it happens to be the extension cables messing you up, you'll find out.

Apr 28, 2022
Yes, absolute last resort. I would recommend just taking the system out of the case and running it on the bare minimum it needs to boot if you do that. Slowly add things till you find your point of failure. If it happens to be the extension cables messing you up, you'll find out.
I reseated my ram tried different slots, CPU cable is plugged in firmly, and still CPU light is on does this mean something wrong with CPU and gotta reseat it

Apr 28, 2022
Hey mate. I reseated my cpu, my ram, reset bios, removed cios battery thing, swapped ram slots no idea what happened.