PC Will not boot (NEED HELP!!)

nicholasamato

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
Ok, so for the past week my newly built PC has been very buggy. Today is when it completely stopped working.

Part list:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Stock
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

The first thing that happened (around 3 days ago): I was gaming, and my PC randomly just shut off. The computer would not turn back on, so I started playing with the power switch, etc, and it turned back on. As soon as I turned it back on, there was a red LED lit up on a battery symbol next to the 24 pin MB slot, but the computer was functioning.

Every now and then as I played games my PC would randomly reboot but there didn't seem to be much problems other than that.

Today is where the real frustration occurred. My PC got the black screen when I wasn't even gaming, I was doing some work for school, and this time it didn't turn back on again. Playing around with the power button also didn't work. I've been troubleshooting for the past 5 hours and about 1 hour ago, the PC actually turned on for about 5 minutes, but unfortunately it stopped working again which brought me back to troubleshooting.

What I've done to troubleshoot:
-Unplug GPU (gpu is not problem)
-Ram test (ram is not the problem)
-PSU Paperclip test (PSU is ok)
-BIOS Reset (Nothing really visible happened)
-Secure standoffs in case, clean any visible dust
-Tested hard drives and SSD (not the problem)
-Made sure wires aren't loose

When I try to boot, here is what happens: The fans start to spin and a CPU light flashes next to the EZDebug for about half a second, and everything turns off.

I've had this PC for about two months. Can someone please help me fix this problem, or at least tell me what the problem is.

Bios settings that I remember:
XMP mode for CPU

nicholasamato

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

Do you think I should replace the PSU with a better one? I don't want to waste money buying a new PSU if it isn't the problem.

albanianagi

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016

nicholasamato

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016