Aug 9, 2016
So I recently built my new pc:
i5 6400
Galac ex gtx 1070
Asrock pro4 h170
Forgot what ram, pretty sure its kingston
Antec vp600p
Coolermaster k350

After plugging it in I flick the switch on and pressed the power button... Nothing
I have worked through the troubleshooting list excluding CMOS and breadboarding, I have checked the power button and other headers 3 times now and the only thing I have noticed is an unused gnd slot but I don't know/ have anything to plug in there. This is my first pc build so I probably stuffed up somewhere, anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Ice blue

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016

Yep I have done all of these things

google power supply green wire tests. on the 24 pin atx take a paper clip to the green wire and a black wire. with the unit out of the case. if the power supply fan comes on it might not be dead. on debug pull the gpu and one ram stick see if it posts with onboard video. if not check that the io shield not ground out the mb or the cpu cooler to the mb case. on the case header pins just connect power switch to power switch pins. if there not on the right pins a mb wont turn on.

Yes. Since we can neither see nor touch your machine, the RESULTS of EACH step are important information that is essential in coming to a correct diagnosis. Simply telling us that you did the list is not enough information. That's like telling the Doctor over the phone, "I'm sick." and expecting him to tell you what is wrong.

Ice blue

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
I have discovered 3 things:
My psu is fine.
My power button was installed incorrectly (1 pin was wrong)
I am an idiot.
Goddbye and thank you for your help, sorry for wasting your time and the earths oxygen.

TRENDING THREADS