PC Will not post at all.

Joshua Leonard

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
So i have a dilemma need some help a PC problem if anyone here could help. Need some Geeky PC savvys to help . Note: Add me if you can help me figure out the problem.

My PC wont POST at all, turn it on, im stuck at a blank screen. Solutions ive done so far that has not helped.

CMOS RESET, Switched ram around to different slots/different ram, Changed the PSU, unhooked everything and pressed the power switch, Reseated my CPU/GPU, Tested my monitor on a different pc it worked, Changed my CPU/GPU to something different, changed my MOBO, changed my HDD etc. My Sabertooth doesnt have any onboard Videocard, so i cant test that, Switched to my old moba used the onboard video, nothing still. Tried VGA/HDMI/DVI nothing happened still. CMOSed both mobos, tried different setups nothing has worked ... Felt like i built a new PC from old parts and nothing worked. Its plugged in directly to the outlet, so no powerstrip is being used. Could it be that my OUTLET is not putting the power out that is needed? Everything is powered on, ive used 2 different PSU's and 3 different GPU's and 2 different CPUs and 3 sets of different Ram. TBH i feel as if i encountered this problem before and need to swithc to a different outlet, But im not totally sure.

Joshua Leonard

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Noo BEEPs at power on. CPU is amd Phenom 1100t, other cpu is an amd as well not sure the name. GPS: Nvidia 460, AMD Radeon 6870, 2x Nvidia Gefore 8800(Tried each seperatly) MOBOs: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx, and another ASUS (forget name sorry) Do not know the ram names, but ive tried several.

memphis_212

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

This is also what I was going to say, but don't run and buy one just yet. I would google on ways to possibly test to make sure if it is bad or maybe borrow one from a friend?

You could also order one, try it and if not the cause return it for a refund. Kind of a pain time wise but my advice all the same.

Other problems could relate to.\:

ESD killed something.
Bad MOBO (if a new build.)

I would mainly keep googling until I found some answers before purchasing anything tho.

My recent problem pointed to GPU, after two days of testing each component I found it to be a faulty stick of RAM.. . . who knew.

Joshua Leonard

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

I have gotten my pc to post after swapping to a different gpu to vga and to a different older monitor, I also had to reseat my cpu a 2nd time put more paste on it and switch to a different bracket to screw I'm the heat Sink, idk why my monitor won't recognize my vga cable. It recognizes my hdmi just fine tho. My next question if you don't mind while I have a topic open, why does my monitor only have vga and hmdi and no dvi. Since vga is going out and it's only a year old and most gpus won't have vga output.. and just to be sure, my old card posted the other day in a different pci slot but not in the one I haven't used and when it did there were discoloration, but now it won't post in the "new" pci slot I have been using. Does this mean the card is completely dead ??

Joshua Leonard

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Hey Charlie, I'd like to give you an update, it was not my mobo, after tinkering and using a different gpu I got everything working again, although I'm stuck with an older gpu and left with a dead one, o decided to bake it since I was going to throw it away, got it to post and into windows, I bakes it on the grill at a 390ish temperature. I know it's temporary but it's working, also put new thermal paste.

TRENDING THREADS