Question PC will not post - getting vga/boot mobo lights

Oct 14, 2021
cpu - ryzen 5800x
ram - Kingston FURY Beast 64GB (2x32GB) 3200MHz DDR4
mobo - MAG B550M BAZOOKA
gpu - asus nvidea 970 strix
storage - m2 970 evo
psu - corsair tx850

I have tried all the recommended solutions on the basic thread. Currently my motherboard vga trouble shooting light is on, if I try to output from integrated graphics instead of gpu I won't get any error lights but it still won't post. I tried swapping gpu's and i get the same error, just a black screen no posting and vga mobo indicator.

I m flashed the bios and the vga mobo error became a boot mobo error (i had no os installed on m2 drive), I made a win 10 bootable drive but still can't get any posts.

Currently I have no mobo error lights and no posting when outputting from my integrated graphics and a black screen and a vga error light when outputting from my gpu.

Any advice is appreciated

update: 5800x doesnt have onboard graphics so i am an ape for trying to use them.

update: was using one stick of ram, restarted and got a 2 short beep, pause 60 seconds, one short beep error code. did i just <Mod Edit> my ram, - continuing to short beep every minute or so

update: reset cmos battery no longer getting beep code errors.

update: just removed ssd and m2 so there is no drives, currently have no mobo indicators but still not posting :/

solved(ish?): bought a new gpu and it posts, tried my old gpu in friends computer and it works fine but not for my pc>

Last edited:
Your CPU does not have any integrated graphics. Those ports on the motherboard are just extensions for other CPUs that have them (5700G for example).
Apparently, your GPU is not getting recognized. Did you hook up the PCIe power cable to the GPU? Is the monitor connected to the GPU?

Oct 14, 2021
@vov4ik_il
I hooked up my the pcie power cables to the gpu and connected that to the monitor and i still get the a vga light on mobo and a black screen on the monitor. However I just tried with an old gpu (gtx 480) and when I start with that I get a one long beep two short beeps error code no matter how many times i reinstall it (the error in my manual says to reinstall gpu if i get this code). I am not sure if this is a good or a bad sign that I get different results, it could be they both have issues, just different from each other. I am taking a radeon 7970 out of a currently working pc to see if that works. It is the only gpu I am certain works right now.

In my motherboard manual the vga light can turn for the gpu, an m2 drive or any other pcie port. The gpu is the only device in a pci slot so i swapped out my m2 for an old ssd i had with an os already loaded to see what would happen. Still nothing.

Is it an issue trying to boot without an os on a fresh m2 drive? If that is the case and i can't boot from my usb as i cant get to bios what do you think i should try next?

Oct 14, 2021
My m2 drive has been on the bench for all 3 gpu tests. The 480 was real old and i get the beeping error but i suspected it was just shot from lying around. I just tried it with the 7970 that I KNOW works as of 15 minutes ago in my older pc and got the same error beep code. I suspect this could be just that they are so old they are not supported. For updating my bios I flashed it with the newest non beta bios firmware (from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550M-BAZOOKA#down-bios). I extracted, renamed, and placed on usb in the directed usb port while following the directions to the T from the motherboard manual. I got the 4 minute red lightshow on the mobo as expected from the manual.

Oct 14, 2021
update: was using one stick of ram, restarted and got a 2 short beep, pause 60 seconds, one short beep error code. did i just <Mod Edit> my ram, - continuing to short beep every minute or so

Last edited by a moderator: