PC will not post, Graphics light keeps flashing unless I reset cmos everytime I cold boot

Jun 29, 2018
Hello, I have a PC running a Ryzen 1700x paired with a GA-AX370-Gaming K5 mobo, and its been running great minus a few bumps for the past year. However the past couple days my pc has started acting up in the form of when I turn it on it will get stuck on the video card which is an aorus branded gtx 1080 and the lights on the card will keep flashing. The mobo has led indicators on the bottom to tell where there might be an issue and the light starts on the cpu light, and everytime it moves to the dram light it immediatly goes back to the cpu light and the gpu light flashes. i have no idea what it could be at this point. I changed the mobo battery and the same problem persists. I updated the bios to the latest revision and still the problem persists. I have tried unplugging all periferals and sata connections, I have reseated ram and I have changed the gpu slots. Same problem. The PC works fine once I reset cmos and I apply my previous overclocks. I am at wits end trying to figure out what is going on here!!!

P.S. I should mention that I booting from a m.2 samsung evo drive

G

I'm thinking may be the motherboard needs a new CMOS battery - - - existing one may be exhausted so BIOS loses custom settings whenever you shut down.

Jun 29, 2018

Thank you for your solution but I did replace it and the problem persisted