Question Pc will not POST. Need Help!

Dec 6, 2019
My Build

Title says it all. I went out to grab dinner and came back to get some homework done, and my computer was fully off. Tried turning it on and the fans and lights and everything would turn on but I wouldn’t get a beep and no signal to my monitor.

• So far I have Reset CMOS, took out gpu and used onboard graphics, reseated RAM, took out 1 stick of RAM and left one in.
  • I currently have the Mobo out of the case with just the psu and one stick of ram in, and it still will not give a post beep.
I don’t know what caused this or how to fix it, and is there any steps I need to try or has someone dealt with this that can help me.

EDIT:It was the psu, I put a new one in and it booted right up! Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited:

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
are you sure you eve got a bip before ? usually you need to plug a buzzer on the motherboard for that, and most people forgot this nowadays.

If you don't have a buzzer then it won't bip. then if it's the case, the problem may be on your monitor

PS : are you sure the 8pin power cable on you video card is plugged ?

RX590s are quite heavy, can you try to reseat it ? (remove it from it's slot and putting it back again. be careful).
If it still don't work you can also try another slot.
is it perfectly fixed ? it should not move. are the screws that secure it to the case well thightened ?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019
are you sure you eve got a bip before ? usually you need to plug a buzzer on the motherboard for that, and most people forgot this nowadays.

If you don't have a buzzer then it won't bip. then if it's the case, the problem may be on your monitor

PS : are you sure the 8pin power cable on you video card is plugged ?

RX590s are quite heavy, can you try to reseat it ? (remove it from it's slot and putting it back again. be careful).
If it still don't work you can also try another slot.
is it perfectly fixed ? it should not move. are the screws that secure it to the case well thightened ?
It has beeped before every time is starts up it gives a beep. The speaker is installed.
The 8pin and 6 pin are all connected to the card, I have not tried to use the other pcie slot yet but I even went as far to use the integrated graphics that the 2400g has and still no signal.

Dec 6, 2019
it's probably the PSU then.

just to be sure, when you tested with the integrated graphics, did you use only 1 stick of ram in the "DIMM 1" slot ? and with a CMOS reset before ?
Yes I only used 1 ram in the 1 slot and I switched it between them two times after I reset CMOS both times just for the sake of them being the same.