Pc will not power on. Not a new build, just transferred to a new case, everything connected properly, don't know what to do.

Sep 13, 2018
So last night my new case came in and the process to transfer all my hardware from my old case to the new case begun.

Everything is all hooked up (24 pin mobo, 8 pin cpu, front panel correctly installed as per mobo manual) but my pc will just not power on, (power switch does not do anything)

My gpu does light up however, and sometimes when plugging in the 24 pin mobo power cord all my fans/leds will light up for a split second, then turn off. Gpu light is always on however.

Build is:

Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Turbo GTX 1080ti
EVGA 650 GQ power supply
MSI A320M Gaming Pro Mobo
NZXT H500 case

Same exact hardware (besides the case of course) in my old case and running perfectly fine for quite some time. Did I somehow fuck up my mobo in the short time of transferring cases?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 13, 2018

The standoffs or the io shield could have done it. I did have issues screwing in the mobo and installing the io shield. I've tried rebuilding it out of the case but still no luck (same state). Is that a sure sign of a shorted mb?

Thanks for the input