Question PC will not recognise the GPU when switching on after it has been shut down/ Power cut.

The_Nayak

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
In January I built my first pc. It worked fine for a few days until one day I realised that it has a peculiar problem. My PC will not recognise the GPU when switching on after it has been shut down/ Power cut.
First here are the specs:
  • Amd Athlon 200ge
  • Msi a320m pro-vd/s
  • Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4
  • Adata su650 240gb sata ssd
  • Asus GTX 1050ti lp
  • Coolermaster MWE 450
  • Acer 75Hz monitor
*an old wd hdd 5200rpm 240gb salvaged from old laptop.

Ok. So earlier I used the PSU that came with the cabinet (a custom circle 450w), I purchased a new PSU (Cooler Master MWE 450W) just to eliminate the doubt. Still the same problem.

Then I thought the motherboard (ASrock A320) may have been the culprit. I exchanged it for a new tested Msi a320m pro-vd/s. Still the same problem.

Fought with GPU seller and he sent me replacement unit again still the same problem.

I also exchanged the ram stick for good measure. But I couldn’t exchange CPU as it was non returnable.

So, when I shut down or after power cut, the PC turns on with the GPU fans running full speed but no output from GPU, I have to connect the VGA port from IGPU to get output and the PC will boot to windows where it won’t recognise GPU/ cannot install driver as it does not detect GPU.

This is fine with me when not needing the GPU but when I want to play games, it is a pain.

Today I purchased a UPS to solve the issue of power cut, but the shutdown problem still exists.

So after Power cut or shutdown If I try to switch on immediately this problem will occur, else if I wait around 40 mins it will start without any problem!
I live in India where we have 220v 50Hz AC from wall. I use a spike guard that has PC, monitor and router connected to it.
The remaining things to try is:
*Downgrade BIOS to the one where it introduced support to Athlon 200ge
*Buy new chip.
*Live with it!
This is one of the most peculiar problems I have heard off. There is not much material about this problem on the web.

The_Nayak

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
In January I built my first pc. It worked fine for a few days until one day I realised that it has a peculiar problem. My PC will not recognise the GPU when switching on after it has been shut down/ Power cut.
First here are the specs:
  • Amd Athlon 200ge
  • Msi a320m pro-vd/s
  • Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4
  • Adata su650 240gb sata ssd
  • Asus GTX 1050ti lp
  • Coolermaster MWE 450
  • Acer 75Hz monitor
*an old wd hdd 5200rpm 240gb salvaged from old laptop.

Ok. So earlier I used the PSU that came with the cabinet (a custom circle 450w), I purchased a new PSU (Cooler Master MWE 450W) just to eliminate the doubt. Still the same problem.
Then I thought the motherboard (ASrock A320) may have been the culprit. I exchanged it for a new tested Msi a320m pro-vd/s. Still the same problem.
Fought with GPU seller and he sent me replacement unit again still the same problem.
I also exchanged the ram stick for good measure. But I couldn’t exchange CPU as it was non returnable.
So, when I shut down or after power cut, the PC turns on with the GPU fans running full speed but no output from GPU, I have to connect the VGA port from IGPU to get output and the PC will boot to windows where it won’t recognise GPU/ cannot install driver as it does not detect GPU.
This is fine with me when not needing the GPU but when I want to play games, it is a pain.
Today I purchased a UPS to solve the issue of power cut, but the shutdown problem still exists.
So after Power cut or shutdown If I try to switch on immediately this problem will occur, else if I wait around 40 mins it will start without any problem!
I live in India where we have 220v 50Hz AC from wall. I use a spike guard that has PC, monitor and router connected to it.
The remaining things to try is:
*Downgrade BIOS to the one where it introduced support to Athlon 200ge
*Buy new chip.
*Live with it!
This is one of the most peculiar problems I have heard off. There is not much material about this problem on the web.

TRENDING THREADS