Question PC will not start with more than 1 stick of DDR5 memory.

Sep 13, 2024
Just built my first pc and I'm struggling to get it to work properly. I noticed that it would boot just fine if I removed one of my two T-Force Delta units. When I have both of them in, however, it loops until getting stuck of code 55.

Alright, time for some specifics. This seems like a well-documented issue with DDR5 so I've had a lot of solutions to try. I'm running T-Force Delta (16x2) 6000 for memory on an ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard (slots A2 and B2). I've tried enabling XMP in BIOS, increasing VDD and VDDQ voltage, increasing System Agent Voltage, resetting CMOS and booting with XMP, and changing PMIC settings to "By per PMIC" rather than "Sync All PMICs". I also tried to install all of the drivers that I could find for my motherboard and Windows. These solutions appear to have fixed the problem in most of the threads I've read but my system still doesn't seem to play nice with more than 1 RAM stick.

I would really appreciate some help; I've been working on this problem for a couple days. Ideally I could make it work with the parts I have installed now, but if I have to replace a part I want to do that before my return window is up. I can provide more information on my other hardware if necessary.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
These solutions appear to have fixed the problem in most of the threads I've read but my system still doesn't seem to play nice with more than 1 RAM stick.

So the system still doesn't boot with both dimms? Seems you had other issues and im confused trying to determine what's happening. Please elaborate.

Have you updated bios at all?

Have you checked for bent cpu pins?

Sep 13, 2024
I'll be more concise. It works great when using just one DIMM slot. As soon as I try to put a second one in, it doesn't even get to BIOS. To reiterate the quoted text there, it seems that the know solutions have not worked.