[SOLVED] PC will not start without applying pressure to motherboard.

Aug 16, 2021
Hello,
I recently bought a bunch of parts for a PC I am building for a friend of mine. I put the PC all together, however it would not start and stay on without applying pressure in certain spots. Sometimes it would start on its own, however it never seemed to stay on. I have gotten it to boot to BIOs, even gotten it to boot to Windows and stay on for 30 minutes, but it’s very finicky, and have even tried plugging in parts that I know for a fact work (PSU, SSD) and still nothing. Right now the fans spin on , lights light up and then - poof. Nothing. Unless I apply pressure to the back of the motherboard. There do not appear to be any shorts. Any help?

Solution
Hello,
I recently bought a bunch of parts for a PC I am building for a friend of mine. I put the PC all together, however it would not start and stay on without applying pressure in certain spots. Sometimes it would start on its own, however it never seemed to stay on. I have gotten it to boot to BIOs, even gotten it to boot to Windows and stay on for 30 minutes, but it’s very finicky, and have even tried plugging in parts that I know for a fact work (PSU, SSD) and still nothing. Right now the fans spin on , lights light up and then - poof. Nothing. Unless I apply pressure to the back of the motherboard. There do not appear to be any shorts. Any help?
Sounds like bad mounting pressure to the cpu... or you have a extra post in...
Hello,
Sounds like bad mounting pressure to the cpu... or you have a extra post in the desktop case, the is touching somewhere on the back off the mobo that's cause a untraceable short till you take the mobo out and see where all the post are in the case and where the holes are in the mobo if there are and post that don't line up with the mobo remove them they maybe the issue

Solution