Question PC will only run on one ram slot after BIOS update ?

Jan 6, 2022
Can anyone help me out. I updated my bios on my gigabyte GA970 DS3P motherboard. the update failed and the pc wouldn't POST. luckily the pc is a dual bios so I used the back up which is just how it was before and since then the PC wont do anything apart from turn on with more then one ram stick plugged into slot 4. i have checked on CPUZ and it is not showing any frequencies on the JEDEC 1 2 or 3 and the RAS# numbers are a crazy number.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where did you source the BIOS file from? What BIOS version were you on prior to your update mishap? You're advised to mention the specs to your build like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature. Helps alleviate some of our assumptions(and understand what suggestions can be made).

Corrupt BISO chips can and will give off faulty readings or worse, that your ram kit might be compromised. Age of the PSU in your build?

Jan 6, 2022
Hi sorry i dont know the exact specs but its a amd fx6300 corsair vengeance ddr3 ram 1600mhz.

everything was running fine and had been for the past few years but someone advised me too update the bios so i went from version F1 too F2j there the only two versions available. Psu is around 6 months old 600w again everything was fine until the update

kentass

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
Hi sorry i dont know the exact specs but its a amd fx6300 corsair vengeance ddr3 ram 1600mhz.

everything was running fine and had been for the past few years but someone advised me too update the bios so i went from version F1 too F2j there the only two versions available. Psu is around 6 months old 600w again everything was fine until the update
I wouldn't suggest generally upgrading the bios unless there is a problem with your system. (like right now)
If you are absolutely certain the bios update is what caused it, you can downgrade it the same way you upgraded it.