[SOLVED] PC will randomly shutdown and then boot up itself but no display white light on, in mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2022
been having issues where my pc will shutdown and will reboot itself but with no display will have white light on the motherboard. GPU temperatures are always in between Lower 40 to 52 C. CPU will at least sometimes goes from 40+ to 60 C. It mostly happen when i'm playing Destiny 2 (during raids sometimes).

Specs.

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB GDDR6
PSU - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850 Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold, 750W

SSD - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB and Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 %00GB
Hard Drive - WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 inch
RAM - G. Skill Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2x 16GB) 288 - Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600
Motherboard - ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wi-fi) ATX Motherboard
Liquid Cooling - DEEPCOOL Castle 240 RGB V2 240mm All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler with Anti Leak Tech
PC Case - MSI MPG Gungnir 1```10 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass

Mar 21, 2022
Can you go to computer management, event viewer, critical events and see if there are any entries other than kernel power code 41?

For the critical section, only one i got there is Kernel-Power 41. OS and GPU are up to date, Although, I am 6 updates behind on the BIOS (i don't know if that's relevant?)

Right after it happens look in the error section in event type. Look at each event that happened in the last hour and if may give what your looking for.

My server rebooted for no reason, gave a critical error Kernel-Power 41 but looking in the error log found a 1001 bug check that turned out to be a video card driver error that caused the reboot.

While you do have a good PSU it may be under rated for the 6800xt's power spikes which could cause the PSU to trip. The AMD 6900/6800 and Nvidia's 2000/3000 cards have unusually high power spikes that can sometimes cause issues with PSU. My 2080 Ti would trip my evga g2 750w psu every now an then, swapped it out for a 1600w G2 i had from an older build and havent had issues since then.

2080 Ti recommends a 600w PSU, the 6800xt recommends a 700w PSU

Mar 21, 2022
Looking on the error log the past days, i did get Application Error [1000 event ID] as well as Application Hang [1002 event ID] i don't know if that helps you guys give some ideas? sorry, not a computer experts, just trying to gather something that might help out figure out what's causing the power shutdown, whenever I'm playing that specific game. Other games like, New World and Lost Ark seems to run fine. But when it comes to Destiny 2 PC tends to shutdown and reboot without any displays, and then white light on the mobo. Looking also on the task manager i tend to see "Very High" on the power usage and GPU-0 3D (on the GPU engine section) on the task manager.. I honestly don't know what those means. but definitely appreciate all the feedback here!

I know New world use to tax the crap out of the GPU, haven't played since december so dont know if patches have fixed that. Lost Ark is capped at your monitor refresh rate so you shouldnt have any problems there. I have not played destiny 2 so not sure what that does to the system.

Hopefully the sfc /scannow fixes the problem, if not you could try using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and install the latest version & or uninstall the game and reinstall it.

Mar 21, 2022
update so far. seems updating the BIOS may have stopped the pc crashing in the middle of gaming (Destiny 2, where it always crashes). 2 days straight in a row now that, the pc is running smoothly now. Whew hopefully it continue like this! will follow up on monday and see if there's any changes again, but so far so good.! thanks y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.