[SOLVED] Pc will shut down immediately after pressing power switch, but starts up fine after pressing it again ?

Dec 16, 2021
PC will shut off after pressing the power switch but starts up normally after pressing the power switch for the second time. Sometimes it wont shut off after powering it on but 80% of the time it does. Not sure what the problem is i check all the psu connectors, mobo isn't touching the case, cpu and everything work just fine. Also this just started happening after i switched my parts from a 5600x msi mpg b550 to a 12700k msi z690a pro ddr4. Before this my computer ran 100% fine no problems whatsoever. One thing that ive noticed as well is that the mobo sometimes wont read the my ssd and get the blue screen saying inaccessible boot drive. Should i trade in the mobo for anoter one? Not sure how to fix this. After 2nd start up everything runs fine, games, it never shuts off either only when i first start it up. sorry for the bad english

Specs
i7-12700k
Asus 3080
870 evo ssd (boot drive)
Corsair vengeance 4x8gb 3200
Noctua heatsink
750 supernova g2

Solution
I suspect your motherboard is having a problem with your ram.
Is it a single matched kit?

It needs to find a setting that works, then powers down to restart.
One possibility is that the cr2032 battery is not holding the settings.
The msi z690a pro ddr4 is a very popular motherboard(I use one)

The main issues I read about have to do with inconsistent sleep/wake.
A bios update should be forthcoming. There was a bios 115 that was withdrawn.
Have you installed the current motherboard chipset drivers?

Ralston18

Titan
Are you using the power switch to turn the computer off instead of using the Windows Power icon?

Or turning the computer off via a wall switch, a PSU switch, or maybe some power bar/strip or surge protector?

There should be no need to physically power off the computer unless the computer has, for whatever reason, frozen up.

Using the mouse to select and click the power icon > Shutdown allows Windows to gracefully shutdown and prepare for the next start up. Maybe finish some update or backup before shutting down.

When you physically turn off the power Windows just simply stops and is not able to "prepare". Plus the sudden stoppage is very much a power outage that can also lose data and/or corrupts files.

Dec 16, 2021
Are you using the power switch to turn the computer off instead of using the Windows Power icon?

Or turning the computer off via a wall switch, a PSU switch, or maybe some power bar/strip or surge protector?

There should be no need to physically power off the computer unless the computer has, for whatever reason, frozen up.

Using the mouse to select and click the power icon > Shutdown allows Windows to gracefully shutdown and prepare for the next start up. Maybe finish some update or backup before shutting down.

When you physically turn off the power Windows just simply stops and is not able to "prepare". Plus the sudden stoppage is very much a power outage that can also lose data and/or corrupts files.
I always power it off with the windows shut down option. The problem is when i first get on my pc and power it on, it just shuts off and i have to press the switch again

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C56v1.2.pdf

[Verify that I found the applicable motherboard User Manual.]

Use the manual to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Pay close attention to the BIOS information that begins on physically numbered Page 43.

Use the available menus and options to have the POST process display what POST is doing and the results of each step as the boot process proceeds.

Solution
Dec 16, 2021
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C56v1.2.pdf

[Verify that I found the applicable motherboard User Manual.]

Use the manual to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Pay close attention to the BIOS information that begins on physically numbered Page 43.

Use the available menus and options to have the POST process display what POST is doing and the results of each step as the boot process proceeds.
I had the msi b550 before upgrading to the msi z690. I never had issues with the b550

Dec 16, 2021

I have 4 sticks of ram. The weird thing is that it shuts off after like 4 seconds of powering on the first time (everything lights up rgb, fans, gpu, ram) then i press the power switch again and everything starts up fine. On 2nd boot everything works fine and never shuts off again even when at full load. Sometimes i get the blue screen that says inaccessible boot device. Ive tried everything but idk ehat the problem is and its making me go nuts. Not sure about the cr battery but the bios setting dont reset. Thinking of trading the mobo for another one at this point

Dec 16, 2021
I have 4 sticks of ram. The weird thing is that it shuts off after like 4 seconds of powering on the first time (everything lights up rgb, fans, gpu, ram) then i press the power switch again and everything starts up fine. On 2nd boot everything works fine and never shuts off again even when at full load. Sometimes i get the blue screen that says inaccessible boot device. Ive tried everything but idk ehat the problem is and its making me go nuts. Not sure about the cr battery but the bios setting dont reset. Thinking of trading the mobo for another one at this point
And yes ive installed all the drivers from the msi site but have not updated the bios. I have the bios 9/14/2021