Question pc will turn off when starting up.

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
Ive had this issue twice when turning on my pc it will run for 20 seconds then turn off. I turn it back on and it turns off after 10 secs. The only way to get my pc to work again is restart the bios by hitting the cmos button on the back of my pc, After I do that my pc turns on and everything is fine. I even checked my event viewer and nothing was wrong. It was good for a month until it did it again today.
Bios updated, chipset driver updated, and amd gpu drivers updated.

X760E taichi
7950x3d
7900xtx
1000 evga psu
32 gb ram g skill.

I did update to the 1.29 beta on asrock x670e.
I do have my ram expo to 6000mhz which is the factory overclock settings. I also did a memtest and came back normal. I also like to state that it won't even get to windows so my screen stays black and then turns off after 20 seconds or so. I can't even access bios unless i do a cmos reset.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated? I would look into reflashing the BIOS with the latest version, then clear the CMOS and then boot back into the OS GUI.

1000 evga psu
EVGA is the brand of the unit while 1000W is the advertised wattage of said unit. Can you pass on a link to the PSU or mention the model of the PSU?

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated? I would look into reflashing the BIOS with the latest version, then clear the CMOS and then boot back into the OS GUI.

1000 evga psu
EVGA is the brand of the unit while 1000W is the advertised wattage of said unit. Can you pass on a link to the PSU or mention the model of the PSU?
I updated the bios with the 1.29 beta version and I did a cmos reset afterwards already.
My psu is a EVGA 1000gt