Question PC will turn on for 10-20 seconds before turning off and restarting

Dec 6, 2020
Hi there, I recently bought a ryzen 5 3600x and Asrock b450m pro4. When I tried installing it with the rest of my components, It would start and all the fans would run, but it would turn off after 10-20 seconds. before turning on again. I tried testing this with just the motherboard,CPU, RAM and graphics card with the same outcome. I tested it outside the case to rule out the motherboard shorting on the case/risers.

I haven't used any of the other components in a couple of years, so I don't know if any of them have gone bad. One other thing I noticed is that the case fan connected to Chassis fan1 would spin, but the one connected to chassis fan2 would not. I don't know if this is related to the issue or part of the default BIOS settings. CPU and graphics cards fans would both spin. I didn't get any output on the monitor (connected to the gtx 1060). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ryzen 5 3600x (new)
Asrock B450m pro4 (new)
GTX 1060 3GB (old)
Crucial ballistics sport 8GB (old)
CoolerMaster lite 500w(old)
HDD is a 1TB WD Blue, and I also tried turning the board on with a screwdriver to rule out the possibility of my case switch getting stuck.

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for the response. my motherboard is 'Ryzen 3000 ready.' I'm doubtful its the psu, but seeing as I don't have another working board I can test (old one is busted), I can't really be sure about that.

Edit: it does seem like the motherboard was the issue, as I threw everything onto an a320m and it worked perfectly.

Last edited: