[SOLVED] pc will turn on for a few seconds and then turn off

Jul 2, 2021
hi, recently i got some new ram and it was fine until a few hours of using it my pc randomly froze. since then every morning/ day i go to turn the pc on it just won’t turn on. it will turn on for a few seconds and then turn off again and the only way to fix it is unplugging the ram. can anyone help me with this?

Solution
my specs are my cpu is an i7 3770 gpu is a amd rx 570 my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3lga1155 my current ram is Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz and my old ram was CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 RAM Modules 1.5v 1333MHz 8gb(4x2gb) my power supply is a akasa venom power 750w modular psu my ssd is a 120gb sata3 ata device and my cpu cooler is a GOLDEN FIELD MHT Heatsink & Fan Low Noise
Well the good thing is that you have integrated graphics, so that we can diagnose it. Did you try removing all the components except RAM, motherboard, Processor and PSU wires as I advised?
hi, recently i got some new ram and it was fine until a few hours of using it my pc randomly froze. since then every morning/ day i go to turn the pc on it just won’t turn on. it will turn on for a few seconds and then turn off again and the only way to fix it is unplugging the ram. can anyone help me with this?
you probably mixed two ram kits together, results can vary if you do that, and you lost the probability roll

Can you post all your system specs

but most importantly

what ram did you have before the upgrade?
What ram have you added
We need type, speed, brand etc

for reference:

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Something is shorting in your PC.
Disconnect all the components except the CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU.

Unplug every single wire except the 24 Pin and the CPU power connector.

If it does not shut down, then the problem is with a component that you disconnected.

Please list all your system specs.

Jul 2, 2021
Something is shorting in your PC.
Disconnect all the components except the CPU, motherboard, RAM, PSU.

Unplug every single wire except the 24 Pin and the CPU power connector.

If it does not shut down, then the problem is with a component that you disconnected.

Please list all your system specs.
my specs are my cpu is an i7 3770 gpu is a amd rx 570 my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-z68ap-d3lga1155 my current ram is Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz and my old ram was CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 RAM Modules 1.5v 1333MHz 8gb(4x2gb) my power supply is a akasa venom power 750w modular psu my ssd is a 120gb sata3 ata device and my cpu cooler is a GOLDEN FIELD MHT Heatsink & Fan Low Noise

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Well the good thing is that you have integrated graphics, so that we can diagnose it. Did you try removing all the components except RAM, motherboard, Processor and PSU wires as I advised?

Solution