Question Pc/windows keeps freezing when playing games

Jul 18, 2019
Hello!
My pc runs just fine when doing simple stuff as browsing the web and watching youtube or whatever you do these days. But as soon I go in to a game (litterly any game), Rust.exe as an example my pc freezes. by that I mean the monitor image and audio just freeze but the computer is still on and the fans are spinning, the only way to get out of the situation is to restart it manually with the button or unplug the cable. When I boot it up just after a freeze some fans go full speed and it sometimes takes up to 4-5 minutes before it actually boot windows. my first guess was that it was my GPU and since I was planning to upgrade for performance reasons anyway I didnt hesitate and got an rtx 2070, but the problem didnt stop there. so my second thougt after replacing the GPU was my PSU. I have done stress tests on OCCT and the all of the tests worked fine without any problems EXCEPTS from the GPU and Power Supply tests. when stresstesting my PSU and GPU the pc would freeze in a 120 second time. So I decided to give it a go and replace the PSU to a 850W 80+ gold certifed EVGA PSU but the problem didnt stop. Im getting desperate at this time..

I found this, anyone have any clue what this means and what hardware has an/the error?

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 193
Parameter 1: 804
Parameter 2: ffffffffc000009a
Parameter 3: 108
Parameter 4: fffff80117ab97e0
OS version: 10_0_17763
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 8192

What I've done:
Reinstalled windows
Used anti malware programs (even though my pc is empty)
updated to the latest BIOS
Updated and reinstalled nvidia drives multiple times
Tried modifying the power usage, from balanced to high etc etc.
Removed the intel turbospeed at 4.4 GHZ
Replaced GPU
Replaced PSU

My current specs:
Rtx 2070 Asus Dual (old one gtx 1060 asus dual)
i7 6700k skylake 4ghz with heatsink cooler
16 gb ddr4 RAM (4x4)
1 HDD
2 SSD
Asus Z170-A
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2

Jul 18, 2019
Tbh I dont think the problem lays in the GPU. as I was running the "Windows memory Diagnostic" overnight to test my RAM on the extreme/full test and it seems to have freeze my pc. and that diagnostic shouldnt be GPU intensive as it looks for errors and with the CPU and RAM? Also when doing the stresstest once again on OCCT I realised my CPU was hitting sometimes almost 90 degres celcius for a second and then going back to 50-60C and then it freeze.

Jul 18, 2019
16 gb ddr4 RAM (4x4)

Part number and/or link o memory?

https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorko...port-lt-white-ddr4-2666mhz-2x4gb/248214.8996/
I've got two of these. I've replaced my old ram with these 16 GB a few months ago as I had a memory leak pon my older 8 GB kit. and back then with my older RAM I had the same issue. so after I replaced it with the new ram (the current 16 gb) I still had the problem. So I would assume the problem is not in the ram if Im correct?
My guesses are either a defect motherboard or CPU as I've already replaced the GPU and PSU.
I have tried using one ram stick at a time testing all 4 of them one by one and the pc still freeze.
Also when I was doing the memory diagnosis test I reached step 2/2 and on 89% before it frooze and it had 0 errors found. unless the 11 remaining % had an error in it but that would me a very small chance

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019
I just ran another CPU test in OCCT once again and for the first time it was able to detect an error before it freezing. it said CPU overheating/overheated and it stopped the test automaticly.

TRENDING THREADS