Question PC with ASRock B450M Pro4 won't power up for a long time after prolonged shutdown

Feb 1, 2023
After shutting down my PC with an ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard for the night, I will occasionally not be able to power up it up during my first attempts the morning. Nothing will turn on during this period.
Sometimes I'll have to wait like half an hour, and then suddenly the power button will work and I'll see my fans spinning and the case lights turning on.
I thought it might have been a CMOS battery issue, because it'd boot with the wrong clock, but I swapped the KTS CR2032 for a brand new Energizer one and I'm still having the same issue.

As an addendum, I noticed my PC had probably been shutting down in S5 mode all this time, since I thought about disabling Fast Startup only to learn it was already off. After reloading the BIOS' optimized defaults, I got Fast Startup working and now it should be shutting down to S4 (Hibernation) mode. My BIOS is also updated to the latest version.

I'd love to have more ideas on how to fix this issue, so thanks in advance.

After shutting down my PC with an ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard for the night, I will occasionally not be able to power up it up during my first attempts the morning. Nothing will turn on during this period.
Sometimes I'll have to wait like half an hour, and then suddenly the power button will work and I'll see my fans spinning and the case lights turning on.
I thought it might have been a CMOS battery issue, because it'd boot with the wrong clock, but I swapped the KTS CR2032 for a brand new Energizer one and I'm still having the same issue.

As an addendum, I noticed my PC had probably been shutting down in S5 mode all this time, since I thought about disabling Fast Startup only to learn it was already off. After reloading the BIOS' optimized defaults, I got Fast Startup working and now it should be shutting down to S4 (Hibernation) mode. My BIOS is also updated to the latest version.

I'd love to have more ideas on how to fix this issue, so thanks in advance.
A full list of parts is required but most importantly PSU, make model and power as that is first suspect in cases like this.

Reactions: davidavi
Feb 1, 2023
A full list of parts is required but most importantly PSU, make model and power as that is first suspect in cases like this.

Yep, I think my PSU might be shot. I turned Fast Startup on, and my mouse's lights even stayed powered on through the night, but to no avail since it took just as long to get power running.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB
RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix 8GB @ 3000mHz
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
PSU: Corsair CX550M (550W)
Storage: 1TB SSD, 240GB SSD, 500GB HDD
Case: Corsair Carbide 275R

Feb 1, 2023
An update on this. I've been keeping my PC on Sleep Mode so it can't effectively shutdown, and I succeeded at booting it using my keyboard a few times. However, today I couldn't, so I just pressed some keys and went to get coffee and when I came back it was booted. So, it just takes a really long time for no reason.