Question PC with ASUS P5S800VM/S powers up but will not POST ?

Mar 31, 2023
I recently acquired an ASUS P5S800VM/S motherboard from ebay that I got for a decent price,however the catch was that there was one known bad capacitor. no big deal I thought. I went ahead and replaced the faulty capacitor and built a test system with it. Right now I've currently got it set up with:

Pentium 4 630
1x 256mb stick of ddr 400 mhz
Geforce 6200 (agp),
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
Seasonic 350w PSU (known working).

The machine simply powers up (fans run at full speed) and doesn't POST despite my best efforts of troubleshooting.

does anybody know what may be happening?

any leads/ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

a seasonic 350w psu (known working)
How old is the PSU in question?

Another thing you could do, is try and locate the BIOS chip on the motherboard, then use a CH341A programming tool kit to see if a BIOS reflash will help revive the board. No bent or broken pins on the motherboard's socket?

Mar 31, 2023
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

a seasonic 350w psu (known working)
How old is the PSU in question?

Another thing you could do, is try and locate the BIOS chip on the motherboard, then use a CH341A programming tool kit to see if a BIOS reflash will help revive the board. No bent or broken pins on the motherboard's socket?
The power supply is a seasonic ss-350-es (not the best power supply but it’s what I have to hand at the moment) I’ve re-tested this psu with another project and it is working just fine, I’ve also tried another stronger 500w power supply from antec, (earthwatts green series) and it still won’t post. You say flashing the bios may help? I’ve never actually done this manually before, is there a guide or link to more info that you recommend?