[SOLVED] PC with good specs is slow

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
I haven't changed any components in a long while but if I check the performance, nothing goes above 50% so I would say everything is alright.

The problem is mostly FPS. When I'm gaming my FPS drops dramatically when something happens (League of legends) even on the lowest settings while my PC should be able to handle the highest settings easily.

If I click on full screen on youtube it really it takes about 5 seconds to complete. The video itself runs smoothly without.

I am really out of ideas on how to solve this problem.

Here are my specs:

Screenshot_1.png

https://prnt.sc/sa7bu9
Screenshot_4.png

https://prnt.sc/sa7byj

What can I do to trace this problem?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019
No the Ram is just kinda off. normally it would be 4,8,16 an so on, but i dont think thats the problem.

Some things you can try:
  1. Update every driver in the pc. If you dont know how you can download the IOBIT driver booster 7
  2. Reinstall the PC clean, it helps alot sometimes.
  3. check for malware, i recommend malwarebytes, just seach it on google.
  4. check tempatures in the PC.

What model is that RAM? branding and such.

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
There was no malware in my PC but I did update a lot of drivers. I don't seem to have FPS drops anymore but the youtube animation is still in steps if you know what I mean. It might be a different issue. So far everything is going good I also disabled UTorrent Web which I think was causing issues as well.

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
Did you check it?
What cpu and gpu temperatures are you getting at idle and under load?

I was relying on the temperatures display I had installed on my PC but when I checked the CPU temperature in the BIOS I noticed my CPU is 99 degrees Celsius. How could this be? I went and got cooling paste for the CPU but it didn't change a thing. The fans don't seem to rotate harder as a result of overheating and I think this has been going on for a long time but I don't notice any damage.

I've ran diagnostic tools and didn't see anything bad in the test results. Could it be that the BIOS is showing me the wrong degree? The display says 25 degrees.

I also noticed my RAM was not installed correctly. Now I have the 8GB's on slot 2 and 4 and tried removing the 2GB's but didn't change anything. So I put them back in slot 1 and 3.

Since I've done these things today I noticed my PC got slower for some reason... When I check the performance in task manager nothing exceeds 30% and I'm using SSD drives. I'm really out of clue now.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I was relying on the temperatures display I had installed on my PC but when I checked the CPU temperature in the BIOS I noticed my CPU is 99 degrees Celsius. How could this be? I went and got cooling paste for the CPU but it didn't change a thing. The fans don't seem to rotate harder as a result of overheating and I think this has been going on for a long time but I don't notice any damage.

I've ran diagnostic tools and didn't see anything bad in the test results. Could it be that the BIOS is showing me the wrong degree? The display says 25 degrees.

What "display" says 25 degrees? You're using some kind of software to read the temperature and it would be useful for you to be specific. Same goes for "diagnostic tools." The less information you provide us, the more we have to guess things.

And the thing is, the behavior of your CPU is a lot more like a 99 degree one rather than a 25 degree one (and you'd have to have excellent cooling or a very cold environment to be regularly at 25 degrees just at idle).

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
What "display" says 25 degrees? You're using some kind of software to read the temperature and it would be useful for you to be specific. Same goes for "diagnostic tools." The less information you provide us, the more we have to guess things.

And the thing is, the behavior of your CPU is a lot more like a 99 degree one rather than a 25 degree one (and you'd have to have excellent cooling or a very cold environment to be regularly at 25 degrees just at idle).

I used Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Crystal Disk Info, and Windows Memory Diagnostic. They all passed with no problems at all. The Display I talk about is installed on my tower (GateWatch 2 Aero Cool)

I notice that when I watch something on YouTube for example now that the video keeps loading now and then. When I try to go full screen it takes a good long time (about 10 seconds)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I used Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Crystal Disk Info, and Windows Memory Diagnostic. They all passed with no problems at all. The Display I talk about is installed on my tower (GateWatch 2 Aero Cool)

I notice that when I watch something on YouTube for example now that the video keeps loading now and then. When I try to go full screen it takes a good long time (about 10 seconds)

What temperatures are you seeing with, say, HWInfo?

I used Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Crystal Disk Info, and Windows Memory Diagnostic.
None of those show cpu/gpu temperatures.

And your GateWatch 2 Aero Cool depends on placement of temperature sensors. You can't really place temperature sensor for proper cpu monitoring. Best you can do is attaching it to cpu cooler. It will not show cpu temperature.

Use MSI afterburner to check temperatures.

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
None of those show cpu/gpu temperatures.

And your GateWatch 2 Aero Cool depends on placement of temperature sensors. You can't really place temperature sensor for proper cpu monitoring. Best you can do is attaching it to cpu cooler. It will not show cpu temperature.

Use MSI afterburner to check temperatures.

In my previous post I posted screenshots of the temperatures from HWInfo as recommended by DSzymborski

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
You can clearly see there, your cpu is overheating.

What can I do about it? I didn't have such problem until today it wasn't working this slow until now. I went and got cooling paste but that didn't help. The same setup has worked for years now all of a sudden it is overheating?

I checked the fans and they are all working too.

sinan113

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
Probably - improperly reinstalled cpu cooler after changing thermal paste.

If you're using Intel stock cooler, resetting push pins is essential here.
resettingpushpins4.jpg

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005852/processors.html

You're a hero. The guy at the PC store told me not to spread the coolant just a drop on the processor and when you apply the fan it will spread. When I removed the fan I noticed the coolant did not spread. So I did this manually, I applied more coolant and also on the fan itself. Then I applied the screws as instructed on the link you gave me (one of the screws does not work well). Now my CPU is between 40-48 degrees in my BIOS.

Thanks a lot! I was fearing the worst.