[SOLVED] Pc with good specs slow on games

Dec 4, 2018
Hey guys! So i am having a couple problems with my PC lately, here are the specs and what i have tried, as well as the problems it is having:

SPECS:
-Asus h110m motherboard
-Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card
-Intel pentium G4400 processor
-8gb ADATA ddr4 ram, single channel
-500 watt power supply from a weird edgy company
-Intel fan for the processor (the one incluided with it)

PROBLEMS:
-Max 30 fps in fortnite, even in the lowest graphics settings
-Fortnite freezes very often and is very choppy
-Textures and 3D objects in games don't load properly
-Slow PC overall

WHAT HAVE I TRIED:
-Restarting the PC various times
-Cleaning up all the dust on the pc with cotton and rubbing alcohol
-Using ccleaner
-Removing old programs
-Cleaning junk, emptying the recycle bin
-Forceclosing unwanted programs on the task manager while playing
-deactivating the xbox "best moments" recorder (the one that comes with windows 10)

So if i can get ANY help from you guys it would be awesome, since i am new to this pc gaming stuff, so have a nice day!

Solution
Minimum requirement for Fortnite is an i3. Your Pentium G4400 does not have hyper-threading and is part of the reason (along with single-channel RAM) you may be experiencing low performance in games such as Fortnite.

That shouldn't cause the game to freeze though. Have you checked CPU temps and ensure the cooler is firmly installed?

You should really check out the specs of the power supply. Your system doesn't need much power, but if the power supply is old or faulty then it could cause issues especially during the middle of playing a game.
Minimum requirement for Fortnite is an i3. Your Pentium G4400 does not have hyper-threading and is part of the reason (along with single-channel RAM) you may be experiencing low performance in games such as Fortnite.

That shouldn't cause the game to freeze though. Have you checked CPU temps and ensure the cooler is firmly installed?

You should really check out the specs of the power supply. Your system doesn't need much power, but if the power supply is old or faulty then it could cause issues especially during the middle of playing a game.

Solution