Question PC with internet, but browsers only work for a few minutes after starting

Apr 24, 2019
Good Morning,

Since last night my desktop has a problem in which all browsers (IE, Edge and Chrome) stop working after 1 or 2 minutes of Windows starts, even though the PC is connected to the internet via cable. All other tasks that require internet work normally (online games by Steam or battle.net, torrent, for example), only browsers do not work. If I restart the PC, the same thing happens, it works for 1 or 2 minutes and then stops working, displaying the error "err_connection_closed" in Chrome.
I know the problem is not the modem because I already connected it to other equipment and it worked normally. I also tried to do a USB docking with the cell phone, to use his internet, and the same thing happened, it only works for 1 or 2 minutes.

I already tried:
  1. Change DNS to Google DNS;
  2. The commands in the CMD:
ipconfig / release
ipconfig / renew
ipconfig / flushdns
ipconfig / registerdns
nbtstat -rr
netsh int ip reset all
netsh winsock reset
  1. I ran ADWCleaner and MalwareBits, both found no threat
  2. Clear the cache and other browser tools.

I thought about doing restore, but the PC came from the store with the restore point option disabled and I did not realize it, so it did not create any point since I bought it in January. Windows 10 also claims that it did not find any recovery images. However, even if I make an image, I face another problem: its processor does not have on-board video, so if I lose my video card drive during recovery, I will be without video.

My OS is the original Windows 10 Pro, running only genuine programs. I did not install any new programs yesterday, before the behavior appeared.
PC Settings:
AMD Ryzen 5 Processor 2600 3.4GHz / 3.9GHz Max Turbo YD2600BBAFBOX Six Core 16MB Cooler Wraith Stealth
Video Card PowerColor Radeon Red Dragon RX 580 8GB AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHDV2 / OC 256Bit GDDR5 PCI-EXP
Biostar PRO A320MH DDR4 AMD AM4 motherboard
DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Red BLS8G4D240FSE 8GB 2400MHz Memory
HD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Sata III
Cooler Master Masterwatt 600W 80 Plus Active PFC ATX MPX-6001-ACAAW
SSD SanDisk PLUS SDSSDA-120G-G27 120GB SATA III Read: 530MB / s and Recordings: 400MB / s

May someone help me?

Check your Windows Update log and see when the last set up updates were installed. If updates were installed last night then uninstall those updates and reboot. Otherwise you can use Reset this PC in the Recovery area of Settings under Update & Security to reinstall Windows.

sharp461

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
Hey, I was just about to post a topic when I saw this and wanted to ask because it may be exatcly whats wrong with me. Did you try having Windows troubleshoot the problem? I ask because I too have just randomly lost internet, and upon troubleshooting Windows tells me "The DNS server isn't responding." I have tried many "solutions" such as flushing DNS, changing DNS server, updating LAN drivers, restarting modem and router, disabling and enabling the LAN adapter, and using a new LAN cable. All were unsuccessful, but a reboot of the PC works making me think it is a Windows issue. And like you, everything else on the network works like my phone on the wifi or even my brother's PC which is also wired. What I never tried checking though is if games still work because I just assumed they wouldn't (plus I use discord to talk to my friend and that won't connect either). I just checked too when the last updates were installed, and yep, they were installed 4 days before I started getting this error. If this is the same issue, let me know if you find a real solution.