[SOLVED] PC with no display

NerdNelso

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Hi today I tried to build a PC and it turns on but there is no display, I used a Ryzen 5 3400G with a Asus Prime X370-A, do I have to update the BIOS, if so how?

Solution
How do I verify my BIOS?

The fact that your PC won't boot with that CPU in it is verification that you definitely don't have the necessary BIOS. You can either take the computer to a local PC store and see if they might upgrade the BIOS for you, or you could ASK AMD if they will send you one of their BIOS upgrade kits. The blurb on their website says it's only for people with 400 series motherboards, but apparently they will still send you one even if you have a 300 series motherboard. Go to this link, and follow all the instructions:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

You need at least BIOS version 4801 to run the 3400G. you may need to verify if it came with this.

You need to have a previously compatible CPU in order to update the BIOS. Only select models have a CPU-less BIOS flashback process.

NerdNelso

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

You need at least BIOS version 4801 to run the 3400G. you may need to verify if it came with this.

You need to have a previously compatible CPU in order to update the BIOS. Only select models have a CPU-less BIOS flashback process.
How do I verify my BIOS?

How do I verify my BIOS?

The fact that your PC won't boot with that CPU in it is verification that you definitely don't have the necessary BIOS. You can either take the computer to a local PC store and see if they might upgrade the BIOS for you, or you could ASK AMD if they will send you one of their BIOS upgrade kits. The blurb on their website says it's only for people with 400 series motherboards, but apparently they will still send you one even if you have a 300 series motherboard. Go to this link, and follow all the instructions:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Reactions: PC Tailor
Solution