PC with only motherboard, cpu and psu repeatedly turns on and off

supermassiveblackmole

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
When powering on computer, fans with start running and everything seems normal for about 10 seconds until computer switches off. It will then power itself on again and continue this cycle indefinitely. There is no video output during this. This problem still occurs with only the motherboard, cpu, cpu fan and psu installed.

I have had this computer for just under 4 years with almost perfect use. Something worth mentioning is that sometimes when booting a menu with two options of:
-Press F1 to Run SETUP
-Press F2 to load default values and continue.
Will appear (I think this is what the options are however I’m going from memory). In the past I have always just pressed F1 which took me to the BIOS. When I then exited out of the BIOS after changing nothing the system would boot without any issues. Everything seemed to work fine so I never really thought anything of this. However I remember this happened the night before the morning when this problem started. I then left my computer on sleep that night and woke up to this problem. My PC had been working without issue the last two weeks prior to this problem.

So far I have tried:
-Resetting the CMOS using a jumper
-Removing and replacing the battery
-Using a different power supply (Corsair HX750)
-Repeatedly pressing F11 to enter BIOS while on/off cycling is occurring.
All of which have no effect on the issue.

I don’t have a motherboard speaker but I have tried listening for a beep through case audio output with speakers and hear nothing (power light on case is on continuously). Fans perhaps seem to running somewhat slow however this might be my imagination.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43
CPU: Intel i5-3570K (Has never been overclocked)
PSU: Corsair CX600
RAM: Gskills RipjawsX (2x4Gb)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670
Nothing is under warranty at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Cooper0408

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015

Do you have the ram installed? try rearranging them or booting with just one. Also check your cabling maybe something is shorting out?

supermassiveblackmole

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

I've tried booting with and without RAM but doesn't seem to have any effect. Also fairly sure there's no short.

supermassiveblackmole

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

Although I tested it before with RAM I just tried it again and it works. Thank you so much man, you've really helped me.