[SOLVED] PC without built in WiFi

RSF

Dec 11, 2019
I have my eyes on a new pc for Christmas but it doesn’t have built in WiFi. I’ve heard you have to get a wireless WiFi dongle to plug into the USB port but I’m not to sure which one to get and if it works with the pc I want (I’ve attached a url of the pc and specs)ADMI Gaming PC: Ryzen 2600 Six Core 3.9GHz / GTX 1650 4GB / 8GB 2400MHz / 1TB HDD/Blaze Tempered Glass Case/Windows 10 / 300Mbps WiFi https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGAGCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iMs8DbS10RN1P

ADMI Gaming PC: Ryzen 2600 Six Core 3.9GHz / GTX 1650 4GB / 8GB 2400MHz / 1TB HDD/Blaze Tempered Glass Case/Windows 10 / 300Mbps WiFi

Mod Edit for link

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I guess I'm missing something because this PC states it does include WiFi.

However, ideally, you'd want to install a PCI-Ex1 WiFi adapter card, but based on the image I could see, it looks to have a mini-ITX motherboard (no available expansion slots), so USB it would have to be.

I'd just look for TP-Link USB adapters that has the same Wireless protocol as your wireless router (a, b, g, n, etc...)
Amazon Link - TP-Link WiFi USB Dongles

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I guess I'm missing something because this PC states it does include WiFi.

However, ideally, you'd want to install a PCI-Ex1 WiFi adapter card, but based on the image I could see, it looks to have a mini-ITX motherboard (no available expansion slots), so USB it would have to be.

I'd just look for TP-Link USB adapters that has the same Wireless protocol as your wireless router (a, b, g, n, etc...)
Amazon Link - TP-Link WiFi USB Dongles

-Wolf sends

Solution