[SOLVED] PC without CPU doesn't do anything

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
So i bought a used motherboard from OLX, as you can see on my other threads, it's an MSI H81M-P33, i will get the cpu and the rest of the parts on August, just for testing i plugged in all the cables to check if the PSU or fans are working, and for my surprise, nothing turns on, no leds, no fans spinning, no beeps, nothing. Is this normal? I checked and i have all cables plugged in, tried to unplug and plug in again, nothing.
I know that without CPU and RAM i can't get image or boot it, but at least it should give me a sign of life.

Thanks.

Solution
MoBo doesn't work without CPU since MoBo is just a piece of hardware that connects CPU, RAM, GPU and all others together. Without "brains", it simply does not work. It's like when you try to turn on your car without engine in it and cry about why the radio or lights doesn't come on.

Btw, turning on MoBo without CPU can fry the MoBo. Then again, it's good life tax.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
MoBo doesn't work without CPU since MoBo is just a piece of hardware that connects CPU, RAM, GPU and all others together. Without "brains", it simply does not work. It's like when you try to turn on your car without engine in it and cry about why the radio or lights doesn't come on.

Btw, turning on MoBo without CPU can fry the MoBo. Then again, it's good life tax.

Solution

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
I see, so i should at lest wait to the next month until i get the cpu and the rest of the parts. Thanks, your explanation helped me.