Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Hi guys,

So my GPU is currently being RMA’d and waiting on replacement product to return.

The first few days I’ve been using my pc with display port plugged into mobo, using built in graphics and had no issues. I noticed if I left my pc running for too long it wouldn’t sleep and would freeze while rig was still running. I had to hard shut down to start using it again.

Only now I’ve gone to turn on my pc and it’s showing a black screen on my monitor after displaying ‘no signal’. The windows loading icon starts but it then doesn’t launch. I open BIOS and attempt to manually launch to my ssd which flashes a few times and goes back to BIOS screen.

Any ideas on what this is? I’m sure it’s a very simple fix...

Thanks!

Basicly, you have to find the shiny battery on motherboard , usually looking like battery of a wrist watch.
Firstly before you unplug your PSU, then remove that battery, you switch PSU on and press and hold power button for 30s~, then you re plug the battery and psu cable and see if it does boot indeed.

could you list your specs?
CPU-
motherboard-
ram-
psu-

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Basicly, you have to find the shiny battery on motherboard , usually looking like battery of a wrist watch.
Firstly before you unplug your PSU, then remove that battery, you switch PSU on and press and hold power button for 30s~, then you re plug the battery and psu cable and see if it does boot indeed.

could you list your specs?
CPU-
motherboard-
ram-
psu-

CPU - i5 8600k 3.6Ghz
Mobo - Asus Strix Z370-I ITX
Ram - G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3000Mhz
PSU - EVGA 550W G3 80+ Gold

I’ve looked through BIOS settings and can’t find a “reset to default settings” or anything similar.

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016

I followed these exact steps and it seems to have successfully reset CMOS/BIOS - just from my assumption. Although it will still not boot to ssd.

Note to add
I’ve now just done the cmos reset, when I go into Bios -> Tool -> Secure Erase now shows ‘ready’ status. When before the reset it showed ssd in ‘frozen’ status. Does this change have anything to do with it?

Still flickering black screen when attempting to boot manually.

Sorry to say but Im quite unsure what Secure Erase means to me (I know that it deletes stuff from hdd forever).

Now, the tricky part is I cannot find in your manual, there should be in Advanced tab option "somwhere" to change/increase vram for intergrated graphics.
I know that it caused me once stutters when I used my G3220 with IGPU.