PC won´t start after i put in a secondary HDD

Nov 28, 2018
Ok so my setup is following:
Power supply: Corsair rm550X
MB: asus pro gaming z170
CPU: i6 6600k
GPU: msi radeon rx 470 8GB
SSD: crucial 256gb m.2
The issue is that I have the OS on the SSD and want to add an another 1TB HDD so I plugged the 6 pin to sata in my power supply and to the HDD and of course I also plugged the data sata cable from HDD to the motherboard. It won´t even start up, I mean the msi logo just flashes on the GPU and the fans spin for like a second and then it shuts off. Without the HDD connected it works normal. PLS help me what to do with this (i want to keep the OS on the SSD and save my personal docs etc on the HDD) Thank you.

Nov 28, 2018
Thank you very much for your answer. It was checked only with a HDD docking station and it worked. It isn't the MB's fault because it does the same thing without the SATA data cable connected to the MB.

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you very much for your answer. It was checked only with a HDD docking station and it worked. It isn't the MB's fault because it does the same thing without the SATA data cable connected to the MB.

Nov 28, 2018

i have tried all possible solutions. My power supply has 3 sata 6 pin ports i tried all of them and also my power cable, which goes to the hdd has 3 sata outputs (also tried each one of them) and my MB has 2 sata data inputs (tried both of them).