Jul 3, 2020
Specs
ASRock ab350 pro 4 motherboard
Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler
Gtx 1060 Zotac mini
2 x 4 crucial ballistix 2400 MHz ram
2 x 4 vengeance lpx 2666 MHz ram
CX 450m power supply

Hello recently my pc experienced a power cut and by turned off along with everything else’s in the house. This has happened on 2 other occasions and it seems that the problem isn’t always to do with memory according to the motherboard beep. Everything seems to work properly other than ram. On the two previous times this has happened i only had the two crucial ram sticks. The first time they fixed themselves because I kept them out of the pc in their product box for around 2 days and the second time I had them inside the pc with the power not on but still plugged in. This time moment of these worked and I’ve been stuck here born sure of what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Dave8671

Distinguished
I have issues with power surges power outages in my home I got a battery backup APC. What can happen when the power returns after a power outage is a surge which can damage PC parts. I would try both sets of ram like the vengeance see if it boots and try the other set if you cant get a boot up the ram or other hardware may be damaged this time.

I agree with @Dave8671 it sounds like it is probably a bad ram stick. You can see if you can boot the system with just one stick installed (in the primary slot) and see which ones allow you to boot and which ones don't. That will tell you which sticks are bad.

Generally it's a good idea to avoid mixing ram sticks. You want a complete matched set or to get two sets with the same model numbers from the same manufacturer. Sometimes even then the binning is different and they wont play nice together.

Since you are in a area where power outages are more common you should seriously consider getting a UPS. I would suggest something with at least 600W or 1000VA. Just plug your monitor and tower into the battery protected sockets everything else can go on the surge protect sockets.

Jul 3, 2020
I have tried booting with each ram stick separately and it just does the same thing, everything starts up, all fans spinning and then after a while a memory error beep code. Could this be a motherboard problem with the ram stick slots?

Dave8671

Distinguished
Windows 10 is minimum 4GB ram. When you say ram beep how many do you hear? I have a extreme way to see if the ram is bad I did this once on one of my systems have issues. download a Linux distro and create an USB 8GB + or DVD install disc. if you use an USB download Rufus. Once your select the installer it will boot into ram as a live edition. If you get to the live and you can look around the OS without a ram error. Than maybe the ram is not the issue.

Devices to check if above is successful
PSU, HDD GPU

Jul 3, 2020
Windows 10 is minimum 4GB ram. When you say ram beep how many do you hear? I have a extreme way to see if the ram is bad I did this once on one of my systems have issues. download a Linux distro and create an USB 8GB + or DVD install disc. if you use an USB download Rufus. Once your select the installer it will boot into ram as a live edition. If you get to the live and you can look around the OS without a ram error. Than maybe the ram is not the issue.

Devices to check if above is successful
PSU, HDD GPU

I will do this, could i get a more detailed instruction please? As for beeps i hear one, my motherboard beep code tells that one beep means memory error.

Jul 3, 2020
Ok, my pc fixed itself! yay

I do not know how or why or what was wrong if anyone knows or has experience may be able to answer. But it seems that after I left my PC connected to the power, with the switch on (the I O switch at the back) but not actually having the PC on for about 1 and a half days. I turned it on and it ran normally. if anyone knows why my ram or any component stopped it from turning on but now is able to I would greatly appreciate any help for the future.