Built a new PC with below specs:
NZXT H500I case
Asus ROG STRIX B450F MOBO
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 580 Sapphire Pulse
Hyper 212 CPU Cooler
2x 8gb Vengence LPX 3000
750 EVGA bronze rated PSU

Right after everything was installed into the case it turned on. I immediately turned it off because i was waiting for a Windows download to finish so I could boot from USB and start the window install. After attempting to turn the new PC back on the MOBO RGB lights come on but not fan spin and no POST. I rechecked everything to make sure they were seated properly and I couldn’t find any mess ups. Spent hours on it and decided to take everything out (and completely apart to make sure the CPU didn’t have any bent pins or anything) and test it bare bones (CPU, Cooler, GPU, RAM, and PSU) and it turned on. Went to bios and everything. I cycled it from on to off around 6 times in a matter of 10 minutes to make sure it was going to be consistent. So I thought I won. Put it all back together in the case and it won’t turn on. Crap... So again I take it out and redo barebones. But this time it won’t turn on at all. The MOBO RGB still lights up but no POST or fan spin. I don’t have an internal speaker so I can’t use that option (at least right now). I tried checking 1 RAM stick in each DIMM slot. Reseated everything. Standoffs are pre installed in my case at the correct location. Tried to jump the motherboard thinking maybe it was a faulty power switch. I’m thinking maybe faulty PSU but I really don’t know. I also don’t have anything to test the PSU and I don’t have any back up equipment to test in the system. Any ideas? (I’ll probably bring the system to get a diagnostic test run on it later if I just can’t figure it out.) Thank you for any help!

Jul 10, 2019
I’ve tried most items on this forum:

I have not tried to jump the PSU, so I’ll try that later when I get off work.

Last edited: