[SOLVED] PC won’t boot with cpu power connector

Jan 8, 2020
Hey guys, I just upgraded to a new motherboard, a MSI Z390, because my old motherboard was failing to boot at all, I’ve looked at every possible thread to problems similar, from making sure the board is mounted right to trying out of the case. testing part by part and nothing seems to work. The only time the pc will boot is when the 8 pin power connector is not connected. When I do try with it, the pc will boot for barely half a second and then turn off. The debug light flashes for CPU. I have checked all the pins and am not sure what to do now. I just ordered a new Power supply and am going to test on Friday. Is there anything else I should try?

Jan 8, 2020
I do have an update, I still get the same problem now that I have a new psu, pc turns on for barely half a second then shuts off, I’ve narrowed it down to the cpu being dead Bc everything is pretty much new

Jan 8, 2020
I just now looked and some of the pins on the socket were a bit bent but I managed to fix those back into place, still getting the same problem where it boots for barely a second.

TRENDING THREADS