Jun 7, 2020
Hello

I upgraded my CPU and GPU from Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 970 to Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2070 super on the AB350 gaming motherboard. It seems to run just fine with the lightings and the fans but the bios doesn’t show up. The monitor is blank. The bios is up the date with version 40. I tried resetting the CMOS and that didn’t work either. I did however bent the pins on the new CPU but managed to straightened them up with a razor and they fit in the slot like normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Solution
Hello

I upgraded my CPU and GPU from Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 970 to Ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2070 super on the AB350 gaming motherboard. It seems to run just fine with the lightings and the fans but the bios doesn’t show up. The monitor is blank. The bios is up the date with version 40. I tried resetting the CMOS and that didn’t work either. I did however bent the pins on the new CPU but managed to straightened them up with a razor and they fit in the slot like normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi @Yuhhhyeet

Would STRONGLY advise you to upgrade your mobo to a minimum B450 chipset if you have the 3700X. There are known issues with lesser mobo's.

Here is a post about your CPU and 350's that you...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello

Thank you

Hi @Yuhhhyeet

Would STRONGLY advise you to upgrade your mobo to a minimum B450 chipset if you have the 3700X. There are known issues with lesser mobo's.

Here is a post about your CPU and 350's that you may find interesting. Not all 350's have issues, but it is a known problem. What RAM are you using?

Reactions: Cere
Solution
Jun 7, 2020
Hi @Yuhhhyeet

Here is a post about your CPU and 350's that you may find interesting. Not all 350's have issues, but it is a known problem. What RAM are you using?
In that post, someone mentioned moving down to 3600x. Do you think 3600x will be compatible with the etc 2070 super in terms of bottleneck?

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
It beeps and then it boots up but it doesn’t do that with the new CPU. My old one boot up just fine.

Yea, that's definitely the Mother Board. Replacing it would be suggested. in your case, a number of issues could be factors. Could be as @Mrgr74 stated, or it could also be a power issue, or pin issue.

I'm leaning towards a power issue though. If nothing is lighting up or no sounds, that to me suggests the MoBo is not even getting power. You could double check the cables are seated correctly. Check that the CPU is seated correctly. If all that, you may have damaged the MoBo when the pins were bent. So if none of this works and you still get no sound or no lights, then you'll want to replace the board entirely as the safest bet.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
In that post, someone mentioned moving down to 3600x. Do you think 3600x will be compatible with the etc 2070 super in terms of bottleneck?

The 3600X and the 2070S would be a sweet combo. The 3700X is a beast though. Even if you get a 3600X to run in your AB350, you're limiting yourself. Do you have a budget? Is it possible for you to get a better mobo? The B450's features are just more robust than the AB350's. The X470 even more so. Can't speak for the X570's as I only have a X470 for my 2700X.

Now I'm not trying to diss on your mobo, just being honest. It's a fine entry level mobo for early 1K & some 2K Ryzen's, but again, if at all possible, I would REALLY like to see you running everything in a better mobo.

As the saying goes, "You're only as strong as your weakest link" and for your lvl of hardware, the AB350 is by far the weakest link.

Please give serious thought to a better mobo.

Jun 7, 2020
the power is fine since there is Lightning’s and the fans are turned on. The lighting on the motherboard is also on as well. I think my motherboard isn’t compatible with the new CPU so I might downgrade to ryzen 5 3600 and hope that will boot.

Jun 7, 2020
The 3600X and the 2070S would be a sweet combo. The 3700X is a beast. Even if you get a 3600X to run in your AB350, you're limiting yourself. Do you have a budget? Is it possible for you to get a better mobo? The B450's features are just more robust than the AB350's. I'm not dissing it, just being honest. It's a fine entry level mobo for early 1K & some 2K Ryzen's, but again, if at all possible, I would REALLY like to see you running everything in a better mobo.

As the saying goes, "You're only as strong as your weakest link" and for your lvl of hardware, the AB350 is by far the weakest link.

I guess I could upgrade the motherboard to something more powerful since I’ve had it for almost 3 years now. What motherboard do you recommend?

Jun 7, 2020
The 3600X and the 2070S would be a sweet combo. The 3700X is a beast though. Even if you get a 3600X to run in your AB350, you're limiting yourself. Do you have a budget? Is it possible for you to get a better mobo? The B450's features are just more robust than the AB350's. The X470 even more so. Can't speak for the X570's as I only have a X470 for my 2700X.

Now I'm not trying to diss on your mobo, just being honest. It's a fine entry level mobo for early 1K & some 2K Ryzen's, but again, if at all possible, I would REALLY like to see you running everything in a better mobo.

I calculated the bottleneck for the ryzen 7 3700x and RTX 2070 super on PCbuils and it came out to be above 10%. Will that hinder the GPU To perform because the site is telling me that the GPU is too weak for the CPU. I calculated the combo and the 3600 with the 2070S give me the lowest percent of bottleneck.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I guess I could upgrade the motherboard to something more powerful since I’ve had it for almost 3 years now. What motherboard do you recommend?

Would need a budget for starters, but off the top of my head, the
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX is a very nice & well reviewed mobo. I have the Asrock X470 TaiChi and it's been simply fantastic. Rock solid and steady.

Here is a good post about B450's here on
Tom's you should read.