Question Pc won’t turn on. Please help :)

Oct 4, 2018
Hello guys, recently i ran into a problem with my pc. Once while playing a game the pc crashed. It wasn't shutting down but it was just like if he had no power for a split second and everything tuned off immediatly, like if u unplug the cable. After that he booted up normal and everything was alright. This happened a few days later again. Now two weeks have passed without any problems until yesterday. I wanted to turn the pc on but the power button didn’t work,
I’ve tried a few times but it wasn’t working so I decided to switch off the power supply and then turned it on again and the PC started. Today in the morning the same thing happened bit this time after switching the power supply back on and pressing the power button the system got power for less than a second (i could see the led of the gc turn on and fans started to spin) but that was all it wont turn on. Fist I thought the power supply is the problem, but if the pc is off the rgb from motherboard still lights up which means that there is power. Can anybody help me with this problem ? :)

SPECS :
CPU: I7-7700k (no oc)
Motherboard: Asus strix 270f
GPU: Asus strix 1080
Memory: 16 gb trident z 3200mhz
Power supply: corsair rm750watt 80+gold
Storage: 500gb samsung evo ssd, 1tb western digital hdd
Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv
Cooler: Corsairs AIO H100iv2

Hello guys, recently i ran into a problem with my pc. Once while playing a game the pc crashed. It wasn't shutting down but it was just like if he had no power for a split second and everything tuned off immediatly, like if u unplug the cable. After that he booted up normal and everything was alright. This happened a few days later again. Now two weeks have passed without any problems until yesterday. I wanted to turn the pc on but the power button didn’t work,
I’ve tried a few times but it wasn’t working so I decided to switch off the power supply and then turned it on again and the PC started. Today in the morning the same thing happened bit this time after switching the power supply back on and pressing the power button the system got power for less than a second (i could see the led of the gc turn on and fans started to spin) but that was all it wont turn on. Fist I thought the power supply is the problem, but if the pc is off the rgb from motherboard still lights up which means that there is power. Can anybody help me with this problem ? :)

SPECS :
CPU: I7-7700k (no oc)
Motherboard: Asus strix 270f
GPU: Asus strix 1080
Memory: 16 gb trident z 3200mhz
Power supply: corsair rm750watt 80+gold
Storage: 500gb samsung evo ssd, 1tb western digital hdd
Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv
Cooler: Corsairs AIO H100iv2

Those symptoms sound like a faulty motherboard to me. The fact that completely powering down for a bit and then back fixes backs that up- as that sounds like you allowed all the capacitors on the board to fully drain before restarting.

It's worth trying your psu in a different machine (or try a different PSU in yours) to rule that out as a dodgy PSU could also cause similar issues however that is a very good unit so I wouldn't think that would have failed.

Reactions: philipp.kofler04
Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for the fast reply. Could this also be related to my temperature issues?. The h100i is a pretty strong cooler. I even have two noctua static pressure fans on my rad and their good thermal paste on my cpu amd I idle at about 45-50 and my temps during playing reach up to 90 degrees. If I have the case fully open the temps reach "only" 80-85 degreese. Knowing the problem i disabled xmp and set the core voltage to a max of 1.15 Volt. And the temps didnt change at all. I think I will try the thing you suggested me. Thank you. !!