Question PC won’t automatically connect to internet

NutsoBlutso

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
So this has been happening since like two windows updates ago on and off and I can’t figure it out. Most of the time lately when I turn my pc on, it either won’t connect to my internet or will connect but it will be displayed as an unknown network and won’t grant me access to the internet itself. I have to run the network troubleshooting program in the settings to fix it but it never really tells me what the problem was or what it had to do to fix it. My pc is connected via Ethernet cable so it can’t be a weird WiFi receiver problem, my mb doesn’t even have one. Lol I thought it may be more of a hardware problem and tried two other ports on my modem after opening them via its residential gateway but it didn’t help. I don’t think it’s the modem itself anyway, since I’ve only had it for maybe a little over a year, and my phone connects to the WiFi just fine. (One of those modem/router hybrids or whatever that I got from spectrum...spectrum 🤮) although maybe it is two different pieces of tech boxed up in one case, idk how that shit works. Lol Windows 10 Home Edition btw.

NutsoBlutso

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Update: So the troubleshooter just finished and actually told me what the problem was this time, it says “Ethernet 1 doesn’t have a valid ip configuration.”....what? Was literally just connected earlier. I’d think that maybe it’s just not saving the configuration after connecting for some reason but like I said in the main post, it happens on and off, so idk why it would just randomly wipe the configuration sometimes but not other times, or if that’s even what’s happening.