Walkthrough Pt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2019
Ryzen 3700x, evga 750w PSU, Corsair 3200 2x 8 GB, 2080tiXC2.
So just now, I chanced my wraith cooler for a ND H15 Noctua cooler. All of a sudden the pc won’t boot.
The mobo CPU light is red and stays red while all the fans are on. The screen remains black.
No bent pins. Thermal paste is good. Seating is good. Cables connected good.
Idk wtf is wrong !?

i did apply arctic cooler cleaner and solution before applying paste. Maybe the surface is still sort of wet? And just needs a day to slowly dry? Idk! :(!

I am
Currently removing CMOS battery for 15 mins

Ryzen 3700x, evga 750w PSU, Corsair 3200 2x 8 GB, 2080tiXC2.
So just now, I changed my wraith cooler for a ND H15 Noctua cooler. All of a sudden the pc won’t boot.
The mobo CPU light is red and stays red while all the fans are on. The screen remains black.
No bent pins. Thermal paste is good. Seating is good. Cables connected good.
Idk wtf is wrong !?

i did apply arctic cooler cleaner and solution before applying paste. Maybe the surface is still sort of wet? And just needs a day to slowly dry? Idk! :(!

I am
Currently removing CMOS battery for 15 mins
What about cooler backplate ? Possibly metal touching back of MB and making a short. Please check that before trying to turn it on !!

Reactions: StreamerGeo
Aug 22, 2019
What about cooler backplate ? Possibly metal touching back of MB and making a short. Please check that before trying to turn it on !!
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by metal touching back plate? The original back plate that came with the MOBO for AM4, it looks the same.

Here is photo:

InvalidError

Titan
Maybe the surface is still sort of wet? And just needs a day to slowly dry? Idk! :(!
A wet IHS would have absolutely no impact on CPU behavior apart from degraded heat transfer to the HSF. Double-check all connections (again) to make sure everything is where it should be and fully plugged in.

If you removed the CPU from the socket for cleaning, try re-re-installing the CPU. May want to observe the socket holes as you move the locking lever up and down to see if there may be damaged holes in the socket (holes that look significantly different / look the same but out of step with the others) before putting the CPU back in. If everything looks fine and the PC still won't boot, could be that you zapped something with ESD while cleaning or caused mechanical damage elsewhere.

Aug 22, 2019
Maybe my bios are corrupted? My mobo has a flash bios in the back of it. Is it possible to flash the bios with the PC off?

InvalidError

Titan
Well, you wrote that your PC caught fire. I'd expect components with visible scorch damage are going to get extra scrutiny for user damage or any other confirmation of isolated instance that may explain the fire since a components that spontaneously combust would give rise to safety recall concerns.

Aug 22, 2019
Well, you wrote that your PC caught fire. I'd expect components with visible scorch damage are going to get extra scrutiny for user damage or any other confirmation of isolated instance that may explain the fire since a components that spontaneously combust would give rise to safety recall concerns.
Jk on the fire bro

Status
Not open for further replies.