Question PC Won’t Boot After Couple Months In Storage

Apr 18, 2020
So in the middle of moving I had my pc stored away in the garage and today I went to boot up and am getting the error reboot and select proper boot device. I restart and confirm that my m.2 nvme ssd is set as the 1st boot option and then proceed to save and reboot but get the same error. After doing a few trouble shooting steps I find that even when I plug in my standard ssd into sata it is not showing up in the bios and when I boot with no drives plugged in and try to enter the bios it crashed and screens just go blank. My initial thought was that the nvme ssd has crashed but the odd sata events led me to believe it might be a MB issue and that is why I posted in this section. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I’m ready to get back on my computer!!!

Apr 18, 2020
Coulr be something was jostled around in moving.

Try to remove the m.2 drive and reseat it. Also reseat the sata drive connector.

Then clear cmos by removing the cmos battery for a couple of minutes before replacing it

Tried all that before and still no luck. Could the cmos battery be dead? This pc is about 3 years old. Kinda stumped on this one

Apr 18, 2020
Update on this. Fiddled around some more the issue got worse then a little better. I can now detect my sata drives however even when either drive is set as the 1st boot drive I get the error reboot and select proper boot device. Sounds like the mb can’t boot up the os? Please help