Question PC won’t boot after OC/undervolt

andrew89898

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2012
Hi I have a 4670k on a z87-hd3 board and have been running at stock clocks. Load temps of about 65-70c on a hyper 212.Recently I decided to see if I can overclock it, I had before but didn’t get very far. The pc blue screened at 4.3ghz 1.3v. But 4.2ghz 1.3v was fine but temps in the 80s. I downloaded intel XTU (extreme tuning utility) and slowly lowered voltage to 1.24v when about a min after the pc shut off.

Now the PC has no display, the cpu fan spins, system fans start then stop. Sometimes it looks like it’s going to boot (usbs are powered/keyboard lights up) but then shuts off before I can get to bios. I had been thinking of upgrading my pc hence the overclocking but not this soon.

I have tried the CLR cmos jumper but has not changed anything.

Please help.

Thanks

Disconnect the power cord from the PC...remove the BIOS battery from the board and let it sit for 10min. There is a tab on one side of the battery you depress to release it from the holder on the board.

Also that board has been out for a while now so it's entirely possible the battery is dead...I would replace it as a precaution....local drug stores usually carry them in their camera battery section.

After 10 min or so put a fresh battery back in the board, plug in the power cord, and give it a shot.

andrew89898

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2012
Disconnect the power cord from the PC...remove the BIOS battery from the board and let it sit for 10min. There is a tab on one side of the battery you depress to release it from the holder on the board.

Also that board has been out for a while now so it's entirely possible the battery is dead...I would replace it as a precaution....local drug stores usually carry them in their camera battery section.

After 10 min or so put a fresh battery back in the board, plug in the power cord, and give it a shot.

Thanks for the help.

Removed the GPU to access CMOS battery, and took it out for 10 mins. Placed back in and plugged in, same problem :(.