[SOLVED] PC won’t boot and PSU fans louder than normal. Please help

Oct 26, 2019
Woke up this morning and tried turning on the PC but I started running into a bunch of problems. Basically, the PC won’t send a signal to the screen and the PSU is much louder than normal, it sounds like when it boots up but isn’t going down to the softer noise it usually is when using the computer.

Also I noticed that if I leave it on for a bit, maybe every 5 minutes or so, the PC will just restart itself. It’s like the PC is trying to boot up for a few minutes then restarts itself and just keeps going on in this cycle. So far I’ve tried cleaning the PC with compressed air, cleaning the CPU and replacing the thermal paste, changing the PSU and GPUs, reseating the RAM, trying to run the PC with each of my RAM sticks alone, and running without a GPU. After this I also tried resetting CMOS which also didn’t work, although I’m not sure I did that right.

I have a Lenovo motherboard so I followed this procedure: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht036531 , although I have three of those three pin things for the CMOS jumpers. At one point I thought my PSU had damaged my motherboard and that was the cause of my problems but when I tried running the PC with no RAM sticks, the motherboard made the beeping noises which it’s supposed to so I’m guessing the motherboard isn’t the problem here?

For one of the three CMOS jumpers when I switched it to pins 2 and 3 as per the instructions in the link above and tried to run the PC, it started making a beep noise every few seconds so I guess that further rules out something being wrong with the motherboard.

Specs: windows 10
intel i5
Gtx 660
Chiefmax 650 W psu
Lenovo CIB85M