Question PC Won’t boot. ASUS Strix 8450-f Gaming Green light on.

Jul 10, 2022
So long story short, I was upgrading CPUS from an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x to an AMD Ryzen 9 5900x. When I made the change an orange light appeared on the motherboard, indicating a RAM issue but looking into, seems like its a bios update issue. So when I tried switching back to my old cpu to update the bios, a green light appeared on the board and now it doesnt boot at all. I’ve tried several things and Im kind of just stuck now. Was hoping to gain some new insight before I either buy a new motherboard or take it in for a repair.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x Cooling: Corsair Hydro v100i Case: NXZT s340 Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix 8450-f gaming GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti RAM: 32GB corsair vengeance Hard drive: seagate 2TB SSD: samsung evo 1tb / SK Hynix 1tb Power Supply: Gigabyte 750w

Digital~Dreams

Prominent
Jun 24, 2022
Tried the manual to see what the green light means ?, check and download online if you dont have it. Hopefully you haven't damaged the cpu or socket. Try clearing the cmos as the new cpu might have corrupted an unsuitable bios, check your bios is suitable for the new cpu, an update might be needed while your old cpu is in place. Of course never switch on a pc with no heatsink and compound on the cpu !