[SOLVED] PC won’t boot/display after new mobo/cpu

Aug 14, 2020
Hello,

I recently wanted to upgrade the CPU on my asus gc11d [G11CD?] and it became quickly apparent that it was going to be a challenge to do so. I ended buying a gigabyte B365M DS3H and an i5 9400f as they are both compatible and should work well with my rx570. The ram is stock from the gc11d and I also upgraded my psu as I was told by gigabyte support that my current specs called for a new one and that this would solve my issue. When the computer is powered on, I see a light on the motherboard that will flash 6 times and ok each flash I can hear a speed change in the fan. Then after the flashes 5 seconds after the pc shuts off waits a few seconds and repeats the process. At this point I have no clue as to what the issue is, any thoughts?

Solution
When the computer restarted after first try, did you intervened and turned it off or did you let it continue? I know on Gigabyte MoBo, the first boot can be very long when adding new hardware. It can take several minutes to finally get to the BIOS and it can be quite scary too. If it does so infinitely, then there is indeed a problems. You may want to clear the CMOS and try to boot again.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
When the computer restarted after first try, did you intervened and turned it off or did you let it continue? I know on Gigabyte MoBo, the first boot can be very long when adding new hardware. It can take several minutes to finally get to the BIOS and it can be quite scary too. If it does so infinitely, then there is indeed a problems. You may want to clear the CMOS and try to boot again.

Solution